560Dennis

Cutting Firewood today , cleaning off fields

I got some trees that came down out in the fields . So cut them up and burn them. Good way to salvage a cloudy☁️Day . 

Some what I think easy way to access then taking the 🚜 In to the woods , hauling . This just use the pickup , and they are down ,so slim change of land the tree on the 🚜 Or truck 👍🏿👀🤓 

29944978-746F-4A41-ABAE-4912FF6C647D.thumb.jpeg.a0781acf456b75ea80acbde7d9727c13.jpegI was pulling out tops today.  I just got that winch going a few months ago.  Bought it used and broken but it works good now.  I don’t know what I did without it.  Sorry about the green tractor.  

• Like 1

That is my favorite job on the farm !

I use my skid steer with the rock root grapple bucket and pick logs up off the ground this makes it easier on the back and the saw chain then after their cut in small chunks scoop'em up in the grapple and dump'em in the ton dump bed and away we go then grab the stumps roll'em around and squeeze'm some and either drop them off in the woods or load them up to be dumped sommerselse and some I haul to a friend so he can make pretties out of them like cherry or walnut not much goes to waste that way russ   

I got the pick up back in the field ok . I got just over a half hour out of both saws . Got about just less than a half pickup . 

About par ,or more for working on the sabbath

Decided to use the metal detector to relax , I lost wheel bolts out of the mower . 

Found one bolt ,also found a 450 Marlin ( it's not mine )

450 Marlin not allowed for  hunting in Ohio , I'm in Ohio. And in my field , haven't given anyone permission . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've always wanted a metal detector but I suspect many of the ones available are garbage. What make/model is yours?

10 minutes ago, KWRB said:

I've always wanted a metal detector but I suspect many of the ones available are garbage. What make/model is yours?

Bounty hunter, not to good ,got it from gander mountain when they were in business. It works for finding bolts and bullets. 

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, russ said:

I use my skid steer with the rock root grapple bucket and pick logs up off the ground this makes it easier on the back and the saw chain then after their cut in small chunks scoop'em up in the grapple and dump'em in the ton dump bed and away we go.

Neighbor guy and I do almost same thing, except I run the bobcat with grapples and he stands in back of the dump truck while I lift log over truck box, he stands in box and cuts the wood to length while I move log closer. Dump them right by the outdoor boiler, I Literally never touch the wood until it gets thrown in the stove,  pretty slick way to cut wood. He's got a stove in his basement so he's got to throw it one time before the stove.

I also will cut trees by the house and use grapples to set logs right by the stove and cut them up right there.

Anyone with an outdoor stove should have a bobcat and grapples.

• Like 1

I saw a DTM firewood processer for rent at Field Day of the Past two weeks ago!  I never knew you could rent them!!  $345 per day, $1,400 per week!  You can process a lot of firewood in a day with it!!  It loaded, sawed, split and dumped it into a truck or trailer off of a conveyor belt!!  Logs go on the log rack on right, are pushed by chains onto the conveyor in the middle.  You advance the log to the orange marker on the left, and a hydraulic chainsaw chops it to length.  It then drops into the splitter which pushes it onto the conveyor belt!  It will handle up to 20" lofs.  What a labor saver!  I could never justify buying one, but splitting the rent with a buddy for a couple of days would make firewood easy!

https://www.dyna-products.com/  Check out the rental section to see if there is a rental location near you.

Image result for DTM firewood processor