1586 on a dump cart

gafarm49

2 hours ago, dale560 said:

If you have a hose on there I will personally come take it off and whip you with it

EASY NOW. The government hears you making threats they will come take your guns.

It's my understanding that the green junk uses a radial pump design that uses Pistons that float in their cylinders. The pressure from the gear pump in the rear end forces the Pistons down. Then the cam lobe on the pump shaft pushes them up developing the high pressure. If the gear pump stops turning there is zero flow from the hydraulic pump. The pump does not cavitatie or slow down or what ever. It would simply stop working.

2 hours ago, dale560 said:

Check diagram again shaft 25 runs off a hex plug in flywheel. Clutch has nothing to do with shaft.here is pic of shaft and actual top synchro shaft of a 4230 it runs through up to flywheel. A 30 series uses cooler as a resorvoir. Another thing check your tractor for a hose replacing the left hand pipe by the engine. If you have a hose on there I will personally come take it off and whip you with it. If you need more proof of live trans pump I will go find flywheel drive and take pics of wrecked 4430 I found it in parts 3 is the hex adapter in the flywheel that live drives the pump

I wouldn't worry much about it, I don't think thesd5488 has been around any Deere tractors.........

1 hour ago, MarkG said:

EASY NOW. The government hears you making threats they will come take your guns.

It's my understanding that the green junk uses a radial pump design that uses Pistons that float in their cylinders. The pressure from the gear pump in the rear end forces the Pistons down. Then the cam lobe on the pump shaft pushes them up developing the high pressure. If the gear pump stops turning there is zero flow from the hydraulic pump. The pump does not cavitatie or slow down or what ever. It would simply stop working.

The deal with the hose on left side is most people replace a 1 1/4 pipe with a 3/4 hyd hose. The 3/4 hose itself isn’t much of a problem in itself but the crimp ends that fit inside get you down to 1:2 inch hole. There must be a formula for the volume loss between 1/2 to 1 1:4 I don’t know right now. The problem is low pressure oil under 100 psi into a hose probably 80 % less in capacity getting pumped out on the other side at 2300 psi through a 1 inch pipe. The JD uses a radial pump fed by the live trans pump. It uses more of the high pressure oil to hold pistons out and push them back. You do not know how many hoses I have had to replace when people complain about air and jerking hyd on a JD. 

we've never had oil heat on our deere's full or other wise as long as the cooler is clean there's no problem we run our 1086 5 gallon over full like many people do but  if your using a hydraulic motor the oil gets hot on that we replaced the original cooler with one from a 186 hydro model and it made a big difference

We had the same problem hauling silage with cut off trucks we made into wagons they had twin cylinder scissor hoists 1 of 2 things can be happening is that you are getting air in your hoist somewhere or that your hoist is taking enough oil that the tranny pump cant keep up it sounds dumb but JD didnt make the flow of the tranny pump as high as the flow of the main hyd pump I think they thought the resevoir in the front would always make up for that difference.There is a high output kit you can put in you have to remove the rockshaft housing to get at it we put that in 1 of our 4430 solved the problem just for grins turn down the flow on the outlet you are using to dump the cart there should be a spot that it lifts slower but doesn't cavitate this is slow enough that the trans pump can keep up with the main pump.And yes we were using 2 hoses on our wagons and yes a 4430 has live hyd it's just like Dale 560 was showing tranny pump turn anytime engine is running .If you have your oil at the full mark you have enough oil .Also when I worked for deere we set this all up in the shop to prove to a customer what was happening I'm 99 percent sure your having this same trouble

7 hours ago, HTS1206 said:

We had the same problem hauling silage with cut off trucks we made into wagons they had twin cylinder scissor hoists 1 of 2 things can be happening is that you are getting air in your hoist somewhere or that your hoist is taking enough oil that the tranny pump cant keep up it sounds dumb but JD didnt make the flow of the tranny pump as high as the flow of the main hyd pump I think they thought the resevoir in the front would always make up for that difference.There is a high output kit you can put in you have to remove the rockshaft housing to get at it we put that in 1 of our 4430 solved the problem just for grins turn down the flow on the outlet you are using to dump the cart there should be a spot that it lifts slower but doesn't cavitate this is slow enough that the trans pump can keep up with the main pump.And yes we were using 2 hoses on our wagons and yes a 4430 has live hyd it's just like Dale 560 was showing tranny pump turn anytime engine is running .If you have your oil at the full mark you have enough oil .Also when I worked for deere we set this all up in the shop to prove to a customer what was happening I'm 99 percent sure your having this same trouble

I think all you can get from JD is the hi volume pump now. You have to pull trans top cover and pull orifice out of lube tube going ahead of I remember also. Just priced the pump other day it’s 900 from JD.

Archived