1586 on a dump cart

gafarm49

I can’t say either way but you’ll just have to look at oil capacities. I’ve never known anyone to run 10 gallon extra but certainly lots of guys run 5 over without any trouble. Maybe some do run 10 over?? I would think running 5 gallon over if that ain’t enough oil you may have to look at re designing the cart with a reservoir of some fashion. 

well damn!! aint thought of that. but it always did. the cylinders have 2 hoses so they are double acting. we ran 1 one season for a week behind a 4430 and it would start chattering at the top. I guess if I hook it up and cycle the cylinders and then check fluid it should be ok. 

Don’t forget to count space cylinder rod takes up. A double acting cylinder will take more oil extending out and produce an excess retracting. If it’s one of those cylinders with a rod almost as big as the cylinder then that is your problem. Lower 3 point arms down to get all that oil back into rear end.

32 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Don’t forget to count space cylinder rod takes up. A double acting cylinder will take more oil extending out and produce an excess retracting. If it’s one of those cylinders with a rod almost as big as the cylinder then that is your problem. Lower 3 point arms down to get all that oil back into rear end.

have you run a kmc cart behind a 86 series? did it work ok?

Have ran Richardton's on both red and green, never had any issue with oil flow...................Will say on the old 20 series syncro's, you have to put them in neutral and let the clutch out so the charge pump runs to keep the front pump full of enough oil to dump.  That is a PITA.

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Have ran Richardton's on both red and green, never had any issue with oil flow...................Will say on the old 20 series syncro's, you have to put them in neutral and let the clutch out so the charge pump runs to keep the front pump full of enough oil to dump.  That is a PITA.

would that be the case with a quadrange as well? I was running the combine at the time and the guys said it was full of fluid

18 minutes ago, gafarm49 said:

would that be the case with a quadrange as well? I was running the combine at the time and the guys said it was full of fluid

No and a JD will run a dump cart fine. If need be put 5 more gals oil in the JD also. The 3O series trans pump is live off of flywheel. A JD holds 12.5 gals so you could be running out of oil but unlikely. 

2 hours ago, gafarm49 said:

this is the cart

cart.jpg

That looks like a quick hitch on the 3 point hitch and it looks like it is all the way up. Lower the 3 point all the way down. A three point hitch is a single acting cylinder. By lowering it all the way down you will dump a gallon or so back into the rear end and may not run out of oil.

27 minutes ago, MarkG said:

That looks like a quick hitch on the 3 point hitch and it looks like it is all the way up. Lower the 3 point all the way down. A three point hitch is a single acting cylinder. By lowering it all the way down you will dump a gallon or so back into the rear end and may not run out of oil.

Not disagreeing but we run the same size Richardton carts picking seed on quad ranges and never had any issue.  Tractor function ok otherwise?  Not a charge pump issue starving the front pump is it?  

1 hour ago, MarkG said:

It works fine behind this 4755, just had problems with a 4430. It was probably wore out at the time.

1 hour ago, Thesd5488 said:

30 series doesn’t have live hyd and do not over fill a Deere they heat the oil and you take bearings out from 706 on ih has more hyd then Deere till at least 8000 series 706 can make 26 gpm at 2250psi with correct pumps

Not sure what you mean by 30 series not having live hydraulics they are the same as a 40 series deere they are both ran off the front damper and always live will raise it twice as fast as the 1086 and never heats oil both tractors are closed center hydra too

Yes the 4430 is live feed from trans pump. Here is the regular pump and the new increased capacity pump. The 4755 will have same pump if it is a non powershift I don’t think they made many but I could be wrong  Shaft 25 goes all the way from three pt hitch link to flywheel to turn pump live. To supply oil to main pump steering brakes and clutches your screen 30 can plug causing low flow and pipes plus orings can leak in trans. Have had piles of John Deere’s apart seen anything that can happen happen to them

31444B55-C019-4EA4-B039-F80913C613A1.png

B1FC5DD8-A98D-4220-9C24-35CA9F90552A.png

10 hours ago, Thesd5488 said:

30 series doesn’t have live hyd and do not over fill a Deere they heat the oil and you take bearings out from 706 on ih has more hyd then Deere till at least 8000 series 706 can make 26 gpm at 2250psi with correct pumps

LOL...............Yeah ok..............

6 hours ago, dale560 said:

Yes the 4430 is live feed from trans pump. Here is the regular pump and the new increased capacity pump. The 4755 will have same pump if it is a non powershift I don’t think they made many but I could be wrong  Shaft 25 goes all the way from three pt hitch link to flywheel to turn pump live. To supply oil to main pump steering brakes and clutches your screen 30 can plug causing low flow and pipes plus orings can leak in trans. Have had piles of John Deere’s apart seen anything that can happen happen to them

That was exactly what I was thinking.  

17 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

Not sure what you mean by 30 series not having live hydraulics they are the same as a 40 series deere they are both ran off the front damper and always live will raise it twice as fast as the 1086 and never heats oil both tractors are closed center hydra too

Hold the clutch in to long on a 30 series the front pump has a hard time pulling oil it’s not being feed that’s why the 40 series have that little tank in front of radiator to hold couple gallons of oil so pump doesn’t cavitate and to block air flow if you over fill a Deere they will heat

2 hours ago, Thesd5488 said:

Hold the clutch in to long on a 30 series the front pump has a hard time pulling oil it’s not being feed that’s why the 40 series have that little tank in front of radiator to hold couple gallons of oil so pump doesn’t cavitate and to block air flow if you over fill a Deere they will heat

Check diagram again shaft 25 runs off a hex plug in flywheel. Clutch has nothing to do with shaft.here is pic of shaft and actual top synchro shaft of a 4230 it runs through up to flywheel. A 30 series uses cooler as a resorvoir. Another thing check your tractor for a hose replacing the left hand pipe by the engine. If you have a hose on there I will personally come take it off and whip you with it. If you need more proof of live trans pump I will go find flywheel drive and take pics of wrecked 4430 I found it in parts 3 is the hex adapter in the flywheel that live drives the pump

724A4B2F-48DB-4346-968D-C36F47FB7B65.jpeg

D16DB974-4719-418C-BD49-3356FBBE65FD.jpeg

A2A5E3EA-308D-4E6C-A6EB-7E4016960382.jpeg

F40859E6-F1E4-4576-A238-57E6B2493B36.png

Archived