986 shift levers

gafarm49

the shift levers were extremely loose so I found time to take it out. it wasn't as bad as I expected. the hardest part is that heavy seat. when I did I found the bolts were broke out of the side panel that holds the shifter in place. Got it fixed and now have park again!!!! Win win!!

yea those seats are a two or three man job getting out the later ones with the hydraulic suspension are very heavy and awkward to handle

Best thing to do on the seat if it has a cab open the back window as far as it goes and stick the head rest out it first and lay the back on the hump for the fuel tank gets it outta the way and you don't have to wrestle it back trough a door. I still recommend having another person to help dang heavy things

35 minutes ago, 88power said:

Best thing to do on the seat if it has a cab open the back window as far as it goes and stick the head rest out it first and lay the back on the hump for the fuel tank gets it outta the way and you don't have to wrestle it back trough a door. I still recommend having another person to help dang heavy things

Yep thats exactly what I do with my 86 ?

Archived