Winter Project: IH 1026 Hydro

Long Farms

Cool project tractor.  Did you put rear tires on it to get it loaded?

Are those factory loader lines that come out from under each side of the platform?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often wondered what a tractor would look like all taken apart and laid out in rows.. Now I know. Good luck on it. I have seen your work as it will be nice when you are done.

Cooter, tractor still sits on stands where i last saw it. Guy is busy defoliating cotton and its still hot enough not to mess with it. Nice 70 deg day sounds like a the day to mess with it. Alot of crap to move out of the after i get it ready to roll. 

Can that be safely moved with the frame rail off the one side? 

I'd offer to come help you move it, but it's a heck of a drive! :)

Can you get it home before the wife winds out under the 48 Hour Rule?

Wish it was mine. Some assembly required and one bolt at a time.

8 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Can you get it home before the wife winds out under the 48 Hour Rule?

Wish it was mine. Some assembly required and one bolt at a time.

She was asking last night when were gonna go get it. As of yesterday it was still getting in the 90s and im not messing with it untill it cools off more. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks to be a good project. congrats on finding it. Will be watching progress. Know it will turn out good as all your project's does.

10 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Hey!  Why can't I ever come across one of those Red Boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's that for? 

21 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Flow rater from IH.  Reads flow and pressures.  

Ahh ok.  Thanks for answering! :)

Replaced a rubber power steering hose with correct steel line, wired dash panels, ran front main and rear main wire harnesses, installed starter, mounted fuel tank. Calling it a day. Glad to see it still has factory 3LD-279 turbo. It was super easy to install stater and run wires with fuel tank off. 

20181029_175520.jpg

20181029_112934.jpg

20181029_123811.jpg

20181029_175610.jpg

20181029_112842.jpg

20181029_175547.jpg

I checked the pictures over very closely, it’s missing three bolts and a lock washer. 

But seriously , a 1026 hydro would be a nice addition to any collection that’s for sure . 

1 hour ago, Nebraska1206 said:

Man, you put in a lot of work in a short amount of time!  Dang!  Very nice!

X2

2 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

In my experience,  assembly from the point you started from is about 3 days. Be driving it around next weekend!😁

Yeah maybe when you're the guy that took all the bolts out to begin with.  Probably not so when you have to go looking for them! :)

I hate dirt dobbers but they do take out alot of spiders. Turbo sleeve and bottom of exhaust elbow was solid dirt dobber nest. Had the grease my hand to be able to get it in the elbow to grab and pull out the nest. Changed the engine oil and filters and fuel filters. 10 gal of fresh diesel, hot 12v battery and it fired in less than 10 sec. Gotta love 407s. Drives forward and reverse. Taking it easy since it hasnt ran in 2yrs+. Major hyd leak on steel line under starter. Looks like its pitted and rusted through. Drove it into work shop where i can work on it more comfortably. 

20181031_165659.jpg

20181031_134110.jpg

20181031_134100.jpg

20181031_133546.jpg

Looking good! Its always nice to hear something fire back up for the first time! Especially when everyone else says it will never run again!

Archived