Winter Project: IH 1026 Hydro

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Replaced a rubber power steering hose with correct steel line, wired dash panels, ran front main and rear main wire harnesses, installed starter, mounted fuel tank. Calling it a day. Glad to see it st

All of my Projects are Long Projects......

Posted Images

Good luck! It actually looks like it will be pretty clean and original! Once you get her all put back together! Id say hardest part be all the right bolts! Keep us posted!

This one won't take long to strip down to power wash like you generally start each project......B)

9 minutes ago, Long Farms said:

All of my Projects are Long Projects......

Well…… If anyone is going to make it look easy to the rest of us, it will be you! 👍🏻

Will you do a complete restoration on it?

Whatever you decide good luck, and keep us posted of course! 

It actually looks like it will be a fun project!! It’s already dismantled, so right there half the work is done.  Looks like you got all the parts, some seals, gaskets, and other things, and I’m sure it needs more, but still, it’s another one saved!! Good luck! Can’t wait to see progress pictures!!

Plan is to get it put together enough to fire it up and drive it and see what works, what leaks, what going to give me trouble. If drive train is good, ill put rest back together along with a ROPS i took off my 756. I just put a 2355 loader on my 1066 but it will make its way onto the 1026 when its field ready. Im out of 18.4x38 tires. Only 38" rollers i have are 20.8-38 rice and canes i just took off a 1456. So bare with me on tire combo on this 1026 untill i can drag home more Stones. If only it was a gold demo.....

20180923_100327.jpg

20180923_100456.jpg

20180923_100444.jpg

20180923_100403.jpg

20180923_100408.jpg

20180923_100359.jpg

20180923_100347.jpg

20180923_100354.jpg

20180923_100339.jpg

20180923_100333.jpg

20180923_101011.jpg

20180923_100312.jpg

At least it was under a roof! Well most of it.  How long has it sat like this?

Looks to be a great project. Nice find.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:41 AM, ole 815 said:

At least it was under a roof! Well most of it.  How long has it sat like this?

Looks to be a great project. Nice find.

2yrs or so. It was listed for sale on yesterdays tractor few years ago but he changed his mind wanting to keep and finish it. Well, he didnt. 

Looks like the Farmall A someone on here picked up a few years back.  

i should show this to my wife, she nags me about taking on projects that are "too big" , this one should set the bar high enough for the projects i like to take on without being told its too big 😜

Good luck guys and keep us updated on your progress.

• Haha 1

Looks like a fun project. Keep us updated on rebuilding it it will be cool to see it go through the stages, I'm sure that you will make it look great! 

One thing that I noticed when looking at the pictures is what its mounted on the left fender? 

Seat base was a rebuilt base from Devons tractor parts. Lots of $ just in new parts. Fender had open top toolbox on it. Took it off. Cant stand bolted on crap. It even had 2 6v batteries sitting in front. No room to take them home that day. I was more concerned getting all the loose pieces loaded especially the hard to find and high $ parts.