Sign in to follow this  
brewcrew

Grain bin rental price?

My neighbors want to use my bin for corn this fall, and everyone wants to be fair on price. Corn will come in dry, but may need air blown on it at some point. We are figuring 6000 bushels if they heap it, but maybe less depending upon final yield. It is extremely convenient for them, as they are right across the road. Thanks!

27 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

My neighbors want to use my bin for corn this fall, and everyone wants to be fair on price. Corn will come in dry, but may need air blown on it at some point. We are figuring 6000 bushels if they heap it, but maybe less depending upon final yield. It is extremely convenient for them, as they are right across the road. Thanks!

My doing some quick calculations the cost of fan can be figured at a per day cost. That would be fair to both of you. As for the bin price I’m not sure

Up here in North Dakota it is about 10 cents per bushel on small bins and pay for the electric bill.

Just now, dale560 said:

Up here in North Dakota it is about 10 cents per bushel on small bins and pay for the electric bill.

Is that for the season?

Just now, brewcrew said:

Is that for the season?

Generally for the season and winter. We always get a year on the 5 2000 bushel bins we rent. Bigger modern bins bring more. But up here 6000 bushel bins in some areas are considered small. Everybody wants 20,000 and bigger unless they are hopper bins.

27 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Generally for the season and winter. We always get a year on the 5 2000 bushel bins we rent. Bigger modern bins bring more. But up here 6000 bushel bins in some areas are considered small. Everybody wants 20,000 and bigger unless they are hopper bins.

Heck even over here they are putting up 40K bins.

Rick

1 minute ago, oldtanker said:

Heck even over here they are putting up 40K bins.

Rick

There’s  bin site not far from me that is available. I think I heard it was 2 million bushel!!

43 minutes ago, brewcrew said:

There’s  bin site not far from me that is available. I think I heard it was 2 million bushel!!

LOL that's 25 miles west of me.

Rick

Yes everyone here is putting up 40,000 + bins. A couple guys put up legs and 100,000 bushel bins. Our biggest bin we  rent on parents is 5,000 bushel is a total pain in butt.

This is from the Iowa State survey.

Screenshot_20180921-211304.png