kansas farmer

Kansas autumn sunset

Colours like that indicate tomorrow should be a good farming day. 

1 hour ago, Cool1566 said:

Wow! That is beautiful!

X2

X4

aaaaaah...

Nice pictures. It's kind of funny in a way how we take scenery like that for granted. Just kind of the normal around here but to some places in the world people would be in utter awe at sights like that. My sister was down at Machu Picchu a couple of years ago. They'd made friends with a couple other couples there. They stayed up at the top and in the middle of the night one of the the other couples came and woke them up they said you have to get out here and see this it's so amazing. They walked out of the tent half a sleep wondering what they were going to find. Got out there and nothing looked out of the normal so they asked what are we supposed to look at. They were surprised to find out everyone was looking up at the stars.  All the city people were so amazed at all the stars in the sky. 

On 9/23/2018 at 12:10 AM, poor farmer/logger said:

Nice pictures. It's kind of funny in a way how we take scenery like that for granted. Just kind of the normal around here but to some places in the world people would be in utter awe at sights like that. My sister was down at Machu Picchu a couple of years ago. They'd made friends with a couple other couples there. They stayed up at the top and in the middle of the night one of the the other couples came and woke them up they said you have to get out here and see this it's so amazing. They walked out of the tent half a sleep wondering what they were going to find. Got out there and nothing looked out of the normal so they asked what are we supposed to look at. They were surprised to find out everyone was looking up at the stars.  All the city people were so amazed at all the stars in the sky. 

I feel sorry for people who live in the big cities. I don’t see the appeal. They probably feel sorry for us who live in flyover county, but I wouldn’t trade them. I don’t think I am missing anything worth worrying about. 

• Like 1

Most city people that move to the county just have to have a yard light they leave on all night.

Then you get the few that are star gazers and they complain of light pollution  even 5 to 8 miles from any populated areas.

Thank you to all that posted a picture,as I showed my other half and got a thanks from her as well.

3 hours ago, ray54 said:

Most city people that move to the county just have to have a yard light they leave on all night.

Then you get the few that are star gazers and they complain of light pollution  even 5 to 8 miles from any populated areas.

Thank you to all that posted a picture,as I showed my other half and got a thanks from her as well.

Or like my neighbor. He said he didn't think he would like it out in the country but then said it's so peaceful. But then he makes noise all hours of the day and night. Go figure.