1460fanatic

international 14++ series window glare

Looking to see if anyone has a solution to the window glare/reflection in the cab of the combine. While harvesting especially at night there is a severe reflection in the windows and mostly in the side windows that has the ability to "make the head longer" I had tried rain-x in hope that it was some type of glare but that didn't help. Any suggestions would be great! thanks guys

Rain x, windex and any of the “streak free”glass cleaners that contain silicone and actually make the dust stick to the windows increasing glare. The purple stuff called Sparkle is silicone free or try vinegar and water mix for washing.

Not saying it is the answer for your problem, but I use plain water and a sponge. Then wipe with lint free towel.

1460fanatic

If you are having reflection problems at night,  then I have mounted a flood light inside each end of the header just above the auger.   What this does is shines the light in header and on the  ground.   Then the light doesn't bounce off the dust and other parts that don't need to be illuminated.  I have had great results  doing this on combines and other equipment and tractors.

GT&T

I use cheap windshield washer antifreeze in a pail and a squeegee. Cleans good and doesn’t catch dust.  Also light adjustment and/or lites in header as GT&T suggests will help  

John 

Edited by Weapon

915 had a light shield on the right side lights also I think JD used them on 4430 series. You could cut one out of plastic and hose clamp round light.

Replace the field lights with LED lights.  They are so much brighter, the dust and glare seems to disappear.   I know what you are talking about, but since installing LED lights I simply don't see anything but a "daylight" type exterior.

41 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Replace the field lights with LED lights.  They are so much brighter, the dust and glare seems to disappear.   I know what you are talking about, but since installing LED lights I simply don't see anything but a "daylight" type exterior.

X2, I put all led lights on our 1440, plus an led light bar across the top.  WELL worth every penny!!

i actually did replace all the exterior lights with LED's, no doubt so much nicer of a view! best investment! but it seemed to have made my glare/reflection worse, i cleaned the windows with every product under the sun and haven't seen any help with it. I am curious if i need to eliminate the LED's from the front of the combine cab and the right side light and put a curved light bar at the base of the cab and slightly under the cab. and only run the top two for road use. Or is slight tinting a solution?

I always wondered why at nite harvesting seemed to go faster. Now I know it’s cause the head grows at nite. 

Feel your pain always seen two right dividers at nite one in side window and one in front. 

John

Hmmmm dare I say this......

I have found that iodine added to water  (only an egg cupful at most in a bucket of water.) makes a wonderful glass cleaner. Makes them sparklyclean. Does worry me what it does to the paint though. But the tractors and loaders I've used it on it would make little difference to paintwork that is half inch deep in mud and oil residue

I’d have a witty comment but I’m new to this forum, but the day job interferes with getting work done during the day! I’m curious if anyone has any luck with moving the lights or any other solution to the reflection, I know exactly what weapon is talking about with the head growing just haven’t seen the acres per hour increase!!

Maybe try those anti glare glasses you wear. Have several drivers that work nights like me that wear them and they help a lot for oncoming lights that glare at us as well. 

Dont think window tint will be the answer I worked for a guy once that had a SP chopper with poor AC I tinted some of the glass to try to help keep the cab cool had to take it back out cause of the glare nobody liked it ,looked like you had 2 heads stacked on top of one another

Windows should be clean this time of year at sunrise and sunset. I polished pickup windows Saturday with Wet Paint Glaze inside and out.