Sign in to follow this  
Mark1982

Plowing In ohio

New to the red power forums and thought I would share a picture of our 1206  from a neighbor of our’s plow day from this past weekend.

827857F2-69E4-4848-B844-47FF1DB3EA83.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mark1982 said:

New to the red power forums and thought I would share a picture of our 1206  from a neighbor of our’s plow day from this past weekend.

827857F2-69E4-4848-B844-47FF1DB3EA83.jpeg

I want that pan!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. Nice tractor and pic

18 minutes ago, bitty said:

Welcome aboard. Nice tractor and pic

What he said!

Just a toy or does the 12 have history in the family?  We might even need more pictures to drool over. 

• Like 1

We are about 30 miles northwest of Cincinnati. The 1206 has been in the family since 1980 we are the 3rd owners and was said to be the first new one sold from our local dealer. My dad said it probably has over 20000 hrs on it as he dairy farmed for years with it I’ll get some more pictures sometime 

Chug a lug ing , with putt putt plower , song about this , lyrics 👍🏿🚜

What was done to the field ahead of the plow there looks to be almost no trash .Nice looking 12-o nice to see them being used for what they were meant to do ,and that is maybe the 4th M&w pan I've ever seen they must not have made many has that been on the tractor for along time or was that a recent find?

9 hours ago, HTS1206 said:

What was done to the field ahead of the plow there looks to be almost no trash .Nice looking 12-o nice to see them being used for what they were meant to do ,and that is maybe the 4th M&w pan I've ever seen they must not have made many has that been on the tractor for along time or was that a recent find?

They had sweet corn in that field and the other one we plowed was wheat 

2 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

How much additional oil capacity did that oilpan add over the stock pan?

I think it is 35 qt total 

i have one on my 1256 the last pan I seen sold brought $2500 on line

Looks great!  Plow days are fun

Very cool! Is that an m&w oil pan I spy?

4 hours ago, drglinski said:

Looks great!  Plow days are fun

Nice looking 1206. I.m ready to go to another plow day

Beautiful!

On 9/18/2018 at 11:00 PM, Mark1982 said:

We are about 30 miles northwest of Cincinnati. The 1206 has been in the family since 1980 we are the 3rd owners and was said to be the first new one sold from our local dealer. My dad said it probably has over 20000 hrs on it as he dairy farmed for years with it I’ll get some more pictures sometime 

Are you pulling 4 16s?

21 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

Yes they are a set of 510 four sixteens we just picked up this spring on auction 

I'm sure the ole 12 pulls them with ease. It looks like you have nice rock free sandy loam soil??      

I have a set of Kverneland 5  18s. Looking at getting new points, shares, shins, landslides and a new mouldboard that broke. It's been a 4 bottom for a few years. Looking like I might have to go with 16s instead of 18s since the dealer said that they would have to order them overseas. I'm thinking that might get pricey already looking at about $1500

13 hours ago, krich said:

I'm sure the ole 12 pulls them with ease. It looks like you have nice rock free sandy loam soil??      

I have a set of Kverneland 5  18s. Looking at getting new points, shares, shins, landslides and a new mouldboard that broke. It's been a 4 bottom for a few years. Looking like I might have to go with 16s instead of 18s since the dealer said that they would have to order them overseas. I'm thinking that might get pricey already looking at about $1500

Krich lots of kverneland plows in Ontario Canada. Most dealers carry aftermarket wear parts for them here.  You maybe able to get 18's here or maybe get 20's and cut them.

13 hours ago, rjpont said:

Krich lots of kverneland plows in Ontario Canada. Most dealers carry aftermarket wear parts for them here.  You maybe able to get 18's here or maybe get 20's and cut them.

Yeah I think I'll have to find 18s somewhere. If I put 16s on it they will be undercutting alot.  The plow is set up for 18s so I'll see what I can find. 

Do the aftermarket ones hold up as good as the Kverneland? 

2 hours ago, krich said:

Yeah I think I'll have to find 18s somewhere. If I put 16s on it they will be undercutting alot.  The plow is set up for 18s so I'll see what I can find. 

Do the aftermarket ones hold up as good as the Kverneland? 

Try Benton Plow Parts down by Penn Yan, he probably has something

• Thanks 1