Engine Rebuild

I've come to the conclusion that it's time to rebuild the super a engine. Since this is my first engine rebuild I was wondering what price I should be preparing for in order to have someone do the machine work. I've estimated parts to be close to $1k for all parts needed for a complete rebuild. No cracks on the block. Engine smokes quite a bit, low oil pressure, and blow by evident on #1 and 2 spark plugs. Thanks for any advice 

Machine work is expensive.  The main factor is the amount of work your engine will require upon inspection.  If the engine needs cylinder head rebuilt, crank turned, block tanked and crack checked. Then if you have them install the sleeves, size the connecting rods to the pistons, install cam bushings or crankshaft. Depending on your skill level you could save yourself some money. I would anticipate $1,000.

Sounds ball park to me.  I put $800 just to have the block hot tanked, sleeves and cam bearings installled and crank ground and main bearings purchased.  Also, had the fly wheel resurfaced and hot tanked another $90,  nos head that had been on the shelf forever, hot tanked and checked $65.  On and on and on.........