Bigdranch

1950 td6 pto components?

Hello All! I’m brand new to  both international harvester ownership as well as forums. I tried looking for a thread on my particular question but no luck yet so bare with me. I just purchased a 1950 I believe td6 crawler. It has a plate acrossed where the pto shaft would be and I’m wondering if I will be able to find the parts. I would like to put a dozer blade on it and will need hydraulic pressure via a pto hydraulic pump I’m guessing. I run all kinds of new grading and paving equipment so I’m Stavy for the most part. Anyway I’ll begin with this and just want to say it’s nice to cyber meet everyone on here! 

31CADD0A-1702-40EF-B5D7-790356932FCD.jpeg

17F3F696-18B7-4D60-80D8-DB06C8A6B530.jpeg

• Like 1

save your self the aggravation you will find the complete front run setup YEARS and $$$$ before finding parts to run a rear powered set up short of  running units with it intact

Just hook one of those old pull type graders with the big wheels to raise and lower the blades on behind that thing--would be awesome!!

• Thanks 1

Put a front pump on it, rear hydraulic pumps only work with the engine clutch engaged, front pumps are working whenever the engine is running.

Welcome to the forum , I just picked up a TD 5 and it has a blade and PTO . I am friends with some guys out in California and thinking they could help you with the stuff you need to put blade, hyd system  and PTO on you machine . I will send you a pm .

Danny 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 9/18/2018 at 5:01 PM, louie figone said:

Put a front pump on it, rear hydraulic pumps only work with the engine clutch engaged, front pumps are working whenever the engine is running.

I’m definitely interested in putting a front pump on it. I just need to figure out how. I can fabricate but I’m hoping I can find what I need. 

Call Associated Tractor, Stockton CA. 209-466-3003, they are familiar with IH crawlers, they have a few setting in their yard, they can help you out. You will need a front pto drive similar to this picture, this is for the 6 cylinder engine, yours would be similar, once you have the pto drive setup the pump is easy.

IH TD6-62 Front PTO.jpg

There is FP Smith that parts out some tractors and Florin Tractor. Florin is mostly Cat, but the old hydraulic  stuff didn't care what color tractor it went on a lot of times.