Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jsmith8940

Late model M

This is my dads old M farmall.  I should have taken a picture of the whole tractor but it was dark. I will try to take one tomorrow. I just found it neat that it is in the last 1000 M's made out of almost 300,000 M's according to tractordata.

IMG_0213.JPG

Just got done messing with a friends old H today sat for a few years! Its a late model to! 

20180916_105233.jpg

Does it have the factory disk brakes?

That'd be about the only reason I'd buy another letter series right now... if I could get an early 1953 H with disk brakes.

Dads got Farmall M #297105 X1G it came from southern Indiana. Has factory fast 4th

I've got a late model H with disk brakes and fast 4th. Will post serial number later.

4 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

That'd be about the only reason I'd buy another letter series right now... if I could get an early 1953 H with disk brakes.

I didnt catch that on his H! Next time i go over i will half to look! 

4 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

What is wrong with band brakes?  

3 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Adjust them ,or have them relined they should hold the baler and wagon full of hay on a hill. 

I see the advantage of disc more surface area for easy control with less foot pressure 

2 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Adjust them ,or have them relined they should hold the baler and wagon full of hay on a hill. 

I see the advantage of disc more surface area for easy control with less foot pressure 

I don't have issues with either one, but don't think I would look for one of the last H's just to have disk brakes.  I think the band brakes work just as well IMO.

12 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

You're reading way too much into it. There were less than 2000 H's made with factory disk brakes, right at the tail end of production. I would just like to own one.

We have a late M like yours. They are a keeper.

8 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

What engine is in that late M?

Same as any other M a c-248.

Mine is serial No. 282204 with early to mid October '51 casting dates. I assume it was built the middle to end of the month. Wanted one since I was a little boy. I've had it for 10 years this month. Still enjoy it as much as ever.

I was thinking I heard some of the last Ms might have come from the factory with 264s, but then, you hear all kinds of stuff.  Doesn't make it true.