Sign in to follow this  
560Dennis

Overheated the Super C today 🚜👀

Looked down on the gage , it was 230 F , Fan belt broke mowing. I felt I could make it to the tool shed ,so I headed back . That's  what I did , drove about 250 yards,. Got to the shed and it was up to 250F . Shut it off . It was giggling and hissing. I didn't want to get burnt , so I went to the house to sit in the shade of the oak trees and drink water to relax ,and wait for it to cool off. 

Meanwhile I was sitting there the grandson was gathings acorns to feed to the neighbors hogs .i didn't know hog ate acorn but I guess they do according to him . He's four so he knows his stuff. Wish grandpa did 

After awhile I went back to the shed and got the tools out and stripped the grill off ,hood ,radiator shroud , radiator support bar. Put a new belt, on and put it back together. 

Dont take a tractor apart outside in grass , I lost two or three bolts . But I wanted to get it shutdown as soon as I could. Parked it ouside , I was overheated too. Close enough , .Wishing now I changed the belt in the morning ,it was inside and cooler. But I didn't cause I wanted to get into the field to mowed. Ended up had to change it anyway. 

I started it up and temp was about 160 on the gage ,put it up for the night ,. Try it again tomorrow . Had enough for one day

Glad you made it back to the tool shed. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. With my luck I would've been out in the field 2 miles from the shop LOL

I use a super C to cultivate strawberries and if it's over 90 degrees outside they can make a lot of funny sounds from boiling coolant to boiling gas in the gas tank when you shut them down !

Well so far the super c is working ok. 

I mowed about 5 acres with it, temperature was the left all the time . From the seat you can't see the numbers on the Gage's. So I go by left of center is ok . 

While I was mowing I heard the engine kind of getting louder and louder, what the thunder is going on . I'm looking at the mower and tractor getting ready to shut down, hey  thats not me ! 

i look up there's a buzzard way up to the north . Well it isn't him ,sound like it coming from my left , I bet it the ✈️Air National Guard going to buzz me again. They come out of the south and they fly really low practice the parachute . Poop your pants can't hear them and then a big roar of the props as they go over me. They get me several times over the years. But not this time!

I then see three Blackhawk helicopter s coming ther from west going east. I waved at them . 

Then I saw the buzzard , he sure came down quick I guess he didn't like the looks of those Blackhawks. 

The roar didn't stop three more Blackhawks came over. 

Thats not all , I flushed out two bunnies. 

Saw 7 turkeys came to feast on the bugs .

and I don't know how many butterfly's. 

Anyway , every time I mowed it's an adventure 👀🤓👍🏿