Sign in to follow this  
brewcrew

2574 turn signal flasher relay

My silage truck blinkers don’t blink. Flip the lever and the lights come on solid. No lights are burnt out. Same thing for hazard lights. Could this be a fuse? Or more likely a relay? Anyone have a fuse/relay diagram for an 87 2574? Thanks!

Did someone put LED bulbs in the sockets? LED bulbs require an electronic flasher that is not based on  the load of the bulbs in the circuit.

I would replace the flasher with electronic  for an attempted  cheap fix.

All conventional bulbs. Tonight it would occasionally blink, but usually just stay solid on. If I had someone behind me I would have to just turn the signal on and off as I approached my turn.

Try a new flasher

New flasher relay needed.  It’s incorporated into the fuse panel above your foot next to the clutch. I have seen the terminals you plug the flasher into get burned out a lot.  Pull the wires out of the board and crimp some new ends on usually gets us going in a pinch.  You can buy a socket with a pigtail and an ear so you can mount it to something I believe.  I use a heavy duty grote flasher.  Can think of the number right off.  

I was able to swing through oreilly’s on my way to the next job and pick up a flasher relay. It took a bit to start working but got the problem solved!