Loader bucket/dozer bucket TD6

Did anyone ever make a loader/dozer bucket for the TD6?  I have the TD6 62 series 1969 I think.  Runs great.  Redoing the steering clutches right now.  Just got it so I will be going through it and repairing everything as it gives me trouble.  Over all good power, engine runs great, hdyo. system no leaks to worry about.  Has most of its original parts.  I would like to get a bucket for it if anyone ever made one.  I think it migh not have been made for this model because of the limited rise hight.  The lift pistons and arms are postitioned wrong to have high rise hight.  The Drott system would mean changing more than what I wish to.  I would like to keep it as original as poss.  Any suggestions or questions?  Thank you for any and all input.

William Cheeks

Will,

You mean like this? Mine is a older early 50's model.

iztH4aN.jpg

Our little TD6 earning its keep.

eU0vs8b.jpg

This TD6 was equipped with the ATECO (American Tractor Equipment Company) loader when my uncle bought it in the mid 50's. He used it in his sand and gravel business for 20 years. I got it from his estate several years ago. It runs drives and steers but is worn. You can fine my thread in the construction forum. I have no idea how many were made. Your TD6 may be of a different configuration.

Regards,

Chris 

Are you talking about putting a loader bucket on a dozer frame?  It won't lift high, but has been done.  There was a guy in Australia, I believe, who did a great restoration on an Australian 6 (BTD6??) that fabricated one.  You will have to search for it in the Construction section.  Sorry, I cannot remember his name.

there were limited allied/mfg kits available for this,  basically tool bar and blade hung from bucket , high center of gravity ,limited flat land no rock,thus limited sales. changing out the bucket for a 4-1 or the moldboard portion was the more practical solution.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:09 PM, Rawleigh99 said:

Here it is! 

Thanks for finding stageone's thread Rawleigh !!

On 9/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, sugarmaker said:

Will,

You mean like this? Mine is a older early 50's model.

iztH4aN.jpg

Our little TD6 earning its keep.

eU0vs8b.jpg

This TD6 was equipped with the ATECO (American Tractor Equipment Company) loader when my uncle bought it in the mid 50's. He used it in his sand and gravel business for 20 years. I got it from his estate several years ago. It runs drives and steers but is worn. You can fine my thread in the construction forum. I have no idea how many were made. Your TD6 may be of a different configuration.

Regards,

Chris 

Yea exactly like that.  Mine is newer but something like that would work.  I dont have to lift high just carry from one place to another.

On 9/24/2018 at 11:07 PM, mmi said:

there were limited allied/mfg kits available for this,  basically tool bar and blade hung from bucket , high center of gravity ,limited flat land no rock,thus limited sales. changing out the bucket for a 4-1 or the moldboard portion was the more practical solution.

Thanks 

Will,

This TD6 with loader version will lift high enough will load a dump truck. It earned its keep loading sand and gravel and also dug several basements and ponds. Now it gets to rest and take it easy most of the time. The interpiller is a great build project. His custom built bucket doesn't lift as high but would be very useful!

Regards,

Chris