Sign in to follow this  
russ

S1700 thinking about it

Found for sale a 1989 S1700 air brake truck "sorry no pics" was a repair truck for several different garages has the DT466 engine 5 speed with 2 speed rear air conditioning compressor is missing bed is scrap and all cobbled together with three levels, crane, air compressor and other amenities are also missing decent tread on tires caps on back for $3,500 for what I need I'll have to build and install a new flat dump bed and add a pto on trans or front of engine which is a jasper reman. thoughts too much $$$ ect all conjecture appreciated russ      

It has DT466 on the jasper sticker on the valve cover

When buying the internationals I usually looks at past sells on  https://www.purplewave.com/ I would say that he asking too much money for it. We recently bought a single axle 1754 dump truck with the dt466 with decent tires for 3k and everything on it worked.  

kind of what I was thinking especially since I'd haft to completely rework a dump for it thanks russ

Even on GovDeals they don't usually sell for that much.  Anything that needs work these days isn't selling for a lot of money, if it even sells at all. 

1 hour ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Even on GovDeals they don't usually sell for that much.  Anything that needs work these days isn't selling for a lot of money, if it even sells at all. 

ain't that the truth I've had as much trouble with replacement parts as I've had with the problem to start with russ