Born on under what tractors?

planejeff

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200, 300,400,

1 hour ago, planejeff said:

Looks as you

Ah-so, looking at this thread made me think back to- the nieghbor's  15-30 and another neighbor's  22-36 and another one, Archie had a Regular, I still can visualize it's oval exhaust outlest.  Dad bought a 1951 M so we had a 1938 F-20, a 1945 B and it.  Another neighbor had an 1948? MD.

All I rememberf about "Poppin Johnnys" was to open the compressi0on petcock before starting it by hand on/with the flywheel.

best, randy

Already got a pretty good start on machinery and vehicles for my year. The Cockshutt 40 and 50. A JD AR.  The R160 gravel truck. And my Mercurys!

I have a ‘52 M and an ‘52 IH L-160 truck. Both the same year as me. The M was the last new M that was sold by the local IH dealer and was purchased by my late wife’s grandfather. Makes it kinda special to me. 

Year I was born these machines were born as well. 

IH  686, 886, 986, 1086, 1486, 1586, 4186, 4386, 4586, Hydro 86, Hydro 186,  Also the 284, 364. 

Ford 1600, 4600, 6600

Case 1570, 2870

Case/David Brown 885, 990, 995, 1210, 1410,

AC 5040

JD 840, 2040, 2240, 2440, 2640

MF 184-4, 230, 245, 2770, 2800

White 2-50, 2-60, 2-70, 2-85, 2-135, 2-155

Sorry, I kinda got carried away looking them up.  Pretty decent assortment of some good machines from several manufacturers. Especially liking the IH line that came out that year.

The great year of 1945 !

I have my Farmall H with serial & cast to = 45'

Have my FIL's  L.A. Case L.P.  serial & cast to = 45'

Tony

I was manufactured in 1943-------my TD-14 was also manufactured in 1943.

My dad acquired it new in 1945 with a trade of his TD-40 to the Corps of Engineers.  The Corps needed a narrow gauge crawler like the TD-40-------and had the TD-14 on the yard but could not use it.

Me and the old 14 sorta grew up together-------she is not running now, and I am barely running!!🤕

DD

4 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

I was manufactured in 1943-------my TD-14 was also manufactured in 1943.

My dad acquired it new in 1945 with a trade of his TD-40 to the Corps of Engineers.  The Corps needed a narrow gauge crawler like the TD-40-------and had the TD-14 on the yard but could not use it.

Me and the old 14 sorta grew up together-------she is not running now, and I am barely running!!🤕

DD

Perhaps If you get Her running , It may keep you running and have some fun at same time.

This is the first summer in years (since 2006 ) that I have not had a project to finish and its getting me down. Although I am recouping from surgery ,so good thing I am not. My mind keeps coming up with projects but my body says enjoy what you have. lol.

The problem I have no more room to keep them inside and anymore and it will get hard to keep them all up and ready to go .

Although, I do have my eye on "just one more project" if I can get a lowboy to get it picked up, Not a tractor, but it is I.H.

Take Care Delta , Just had jive you a little. lol.

Tony

6 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Perhaps If you get Her running , It may keep you running and have some fun at same time.

This is the first summer in years (since 2006 ) that I have not had a project to finish and its getting me down. Although I am recouping from surgery ,so good thing I am not. My mind keeps coming up with projects but my body says enjoy what you have. lol.

The problem I have no more room to keep them inside and anymore and it will get hard to keep them all up and ready to go .

Although, I do have my eye on "just one more project" if I can get a lowboy to get it picked up, Not a tractor, but it is I.H.

Take Care Delta , Just had jive you a little. lol.

Tony

If you want to stay busy Tony I'm sure there would be plenty of us here that would send you our machines to have them "redone" in your shop.😁

October, 1971,,,, so 666, 766, 966, 1066, 1466 and 1468

Anything with an IH badge from that year would be welcome here 

8 hours ago, Bdse25 said:

I was born the same year they quit makin boxcar magnums. Arguably the best Tractors ih ever made

Jeez, your just a kid. I was already in High School in 98.

I don't have anything built the year I was born (1948), but I do have a '49 Farmall C.  H's and M's and A's were built then as well as the W series.

4 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Jeez, your just a kid. I was already in High School in 98.

I just realized I am getting old 

Damn

Archived