On 8/29/2018 at 10:04 PM, stronger800 said:

Two lights in the fenders?  These guys just educated me on those 

Dumb question I'm sure but would they have possibly put two lights in the fender of a FWA model  

and or could it have been ordered that way?

Either way,  Nice machine,  Perhaps somewhat rare as well.

5 hours ago, redtop1460 said:

Is that a true black stripe? Whats the serial#

I doubt it has the wrong side sheet metal has the louvers serial number tag on the bell housing and dont see the bolt holes in tge rear axle housing for the 86 series cabs! And that tractor had a cab on at one time wrong deck pto lever and steps and the oil cooler hoses dont go through the sheet metal the steel lines come half way up from the multiple control valves! Nice tractor not original though! Wish thier was a rearend pick cause it probably has wrong drawbar and 3 pt hitch to be a blackstripe! 

8 minutes ago, Gleaner k2 said:

I doubt it has the wrong side sheet metal has the louvers serial number tag on the bell housing and dont see the bolt holes in tge rear axle housing for the 86 series cabs! And that tractor had a cab on at one time wrong deck pto lever and steps and the oil cooler hoses dont go through the sheet metal the steel lines come half way up from the multiple control valves! Nice tractor not original though! Wish thier was a rearend pick cause it probably has wrong drawbar and 3 pt hitch to be a blackstripe! 

Black stripes are dependent on the serial number not any of the other things you mentioned. Look at the parts book and it will tell you at such and such serial number the decal is black stripe and not the earlier model

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, bitty said:

Black stripes are dependent on the serial number not any of the other things you mentioned. Look at the parts book and it will tell you at such and such serial number the decal is black stripe and not the earlier model

Yes it comes down to serial number but all those things point away from being a true blackstripe! 

I purposely changed my PTO lever to the style designed for a cab.

I wouldn't mind having another light in the fender either.

Good observation about the PTO lever but IMO it doesn't mean it once had a cab. 

During the last forty years who knows what all has been done to some of these machines.

• Like 2

I absolutely hate the PTO lever behind the seat. I have made one for the 1566 so it worked correct up/down as the PTO was swapped out to a dual PTO before we got it and the handle moved the incorrect direction to engage. Our 15 is a true black stripe ,earlier one ,serial plate on the bell housing

• Thanks 1

Nice tractor. Looks to have a hydraulic seat. Were hydraulic seats available on the black stripes? Also did the hydraulic seat have any up and down shock absorbing action? Thanks for info.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:35 PM, MarkG said:

Nice tractor. Looks to have a hydraulic seat. Were hydraulic seats available on the black stripes? Also did the hydraulic seat have any up and down shock absorbing action? Thanks for info.

The hydraulic seat was available on the 56 series and the 66 series.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, Ihfan4life said:

Did they make a black stripe 1066 hydro with front wheel assist? I’m pretty sure I saw one a couple weeks ago 

On 9/10/2018 at 7:39 PM, MarkG said:

The 1066 hydro stoped in 1973 I think. They changed the name to Hydro 100 and cat II 3 point.

I think the ten hydro was only built in '71 and '72? Was only the first two years anyways. Ten hydro was turboed 414, cat 3 3pt hitch and hydro 100 was natural asperated 436 with the category 2 hitch. Think the rear end is lighter in the 100 also