Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ihcubguy

Branson Enterprises, Rockford Ill

Been looking around and I have asked in the past about people or places that can rebuild the carb on our 15/30.  Talked to a few places that can rebuild.  Found a place today online that list's them in Illinois. Branson Enterprises is the name of the company.  Has anyone ever heard of them or dealt with them?  Appreciate any experience or anyone that may know the company.

Been advertising in Green Magazine for years; perhaps someone on their site can comment.

Why dont you rebuild it yourself? Dont think there is much too them?

4 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Why dont you rebuild it yourself? Dont think there is much too them?

92 year old double bowl brass carb with no idea what the float setting should be.  I have messed with it multiple times and can NOT get it to stop leaking through the carb.  Time t let someone with proper tools that has worked on one before fix it properly.

Are those the same as a regular carb?

Just now, iowaboy1965 said:

Are those the same as a regular carb?

nope.  Like this

carb.jpg

32 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Been advertising in Green Magazine for years; perhaps someone on their site can comment.

thanks

17 minutes ago, ericjen said:

Kinda pricy but very good.

thanks

Hmm that is different. Interesting. Ty for the pic.

From my limited experience with them, they seem to be good guys. I  have only bought parts from them at Portland. This was years ago, they have been in business for at least 25 years, whatever that means to you. To me it seems that they must be doing something right. Best of luck. 

Robert does excellent work, and I would recommend him.   He has rebuilt a few mags, carbs, and ignitors for me, and all have been top notch.   The Webster and Accurate L (brass body) look and work awesome.

59 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

From my limited experience with them, they seem to be good guys. I  have only bought parts from them at Portland. This was years ago, they have been in business for at least 25 years, whatever that means to you. To me it seems that they must be doing something right. Best of luck. 

2 minutes ago, nosih said:

Robert does excellent work, and I would recommend him.   He has rebuilt a few mags, carbs, and ignitors for me, and all have been top notch.   The Webster and Accurate L (brass body) look and work awesome.

Thanks for the help guys.

Does that actually have 2 floats and 2 gas lines as it appears? How does that work and what was the purpose? Do they use that much fuel under load that they need 2?

14 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Does that actually have 2 floats and 2 gas lines as it appears? How does that work and what was the purpose? Do they use that much fuel under load that they need 2?

Top line and bowl are for fuel. Gasoline when starting and kerosene under load.  The bottom bowl and line are for water to be metered in while burning the kerosene to keep the engine from knocking. The tractor has 3 tanks on it. A small approximately one gallon tank for gasoline for starting. A kerosene tank that I believe is around 19 gallon and a water tank that I think is around 12.  Very neat and unique setup.

That it is! Ty for the info as well.

If you think that is interesting, check out the setup IH used on their Flaming Four. I think it has 7 mixers on 4 cylinders. 4 for kero, 1 for water, 2 for gas or something like that. What were they thinking?

Branson is one of the best and I have been dealing with them for 30 years -an I think they've been in the mag and carb biz since the late '50s or '60s

16 minutes ago, ihcbill said:

Branson is one of the best and I have been dealing with them for 30 years -an I think they've been in the mag and carb biz since the late '50s or '60s

Thank you.

I  called the number today and it is disconnected and I have not found another one yet. Sent an email too but no response there yet either.  Guess I just need to be patient and wait more than 4 hours. LOL!

4 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

That it is! Ty for the info as well.

You're welcome