Sign in to follow this  
brewcrew

Truck cab interchange

I’ve got a 1987 ih 2574 as a silage truck. It runs and drives good, but the cab is rusted out bad. Is the cab the same as other models like 1854? And what years interchange? I’ve tossed around the idea of a completely different truck, but with that comes all the unknowns of a different truck. Plus I really like my live pto.

The 1600-1900 have an 80" wide cab while the 2000s have a 90" wide cab.  I'd think any of the 2000s which first appeared about 1977 up to about  1990 would interchange.  About 1990, the model designations changed to the 7000s and 8000s along with redesigned front ends, but it looks like the cabs may still be similar, but I can't say if they would interchange as I don't know. 

I think its only the 2274 and 2275 that have the 90" cab.

23 hours ago, brewcrew said:

I’ve got a 1987 ih 2574 as a silage truck. It runs and drives good, but the cab is rusted out bad. Is the cab the same as other models like 1854? And what years interchange? I’ve tossed around the idea of a completely different truck, but with that comes all the unknowns of a different truck. Plus I really like my live pto.

The hood is longer on a 2500 but I think cabs are the same. There is a wide cab in there somewhere also.

our 2654 has the 80 inch cab

Where are you guys measuring the cab? Measuring seems to be the obvious solution to know, but without two trucks side by side I'd like to have a starting point.

This is a 2275 cab. It's the only S cab with a split window that I'm aware of. 

20180823_175024.jpg

Another truck we run with has the split window, but that’s the only one. He also has a shorter hood and a pretty massive transmission hump inside the cab