Missing Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts Found Dead

ThirdGenRed

19 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

So Rick your saying nothing going to change why even try. ?

You know at my age I keep fighting that urge and really I don't need too . I have had a tremendous life , I can live my life doing anything I want and I am deep in country so it will be a while till city gets here or I can hop in car for three hours and live at the beach and if God gives me till 85 who cares?

however, I grew up from immigrant Portuguese parents and grandparents who loved this country this country became theirs . None of my parents or grandparents ever went back to visit their homelands , I asked my Dad once why he would not go back to old to visit relatives , he said I was 19 when I left with 400 borrowed dollars and I never though I would be able to come here , I am here I am American this is my land . Pretty strong loyolity I was raised with and it served us well and all our neighbors and friends. 

Now just because of politics we see this great country sinking into a third world country before our eyes. Come out here and drive through these old country towns you sware you are a cross the border . Go to our schools and hospitals you see little Mexico and everything else.

i am basically retired don't have to deal with it and if live to 85 it will still be able to find little nitches to enjoy life . But my heart breaks for you younger guys trying to raise a family or run a business , there is no place to run too.

i guess what you never knew wont make it hard for the young ins they are making their beds the can sleep in them..

you may ask why be so negative well because every time people try to fix things every armchair quarter back has a better idea and nothing gets done. If I let myself take your attitude Rick then I'll be living my negative thoughts , if I fight and vote for what I think are positive changes then there is hope

tony

Tony I want change. But I've patrolled our side of the Iron Curtain before the Soviet Union failed. I've seen far more of that wall than I really care to. And it didn't work when they were killing people who tried to get through it. A wall on the Mexican  border will completely fail IMO. They will quickly dig under it, climb over it or go around the ends. Just seems to me to be a total waste of money. Now if you could assure me that along with the wall that the immigration law would be rigorously enforce no matter who sits in the Oval Office for the foreseeable future I would support it 100%. What I see is something that going to cost billions and have no effect when the next liberal president decides to cut holes in it or to tear it down.

Heck I saw pictures of some device the cartels came up with where they already have a fence. Kinda like a big potato cannon. IIRC they use propane as a propellant. Just shoot drugs over the fence. Took em about 3 days to figure that out. I see us spending billions on the war on drugs and we darn sure ain't winning that. I really wish I had an answer. But throwing money at a problem isn't going to solve it either. Especially if the government is involved in it. They are bad at everything they do., regardless of who's in power. Some just do worse that the others.

Rick

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

They still get free health care tho dont they? Was under impression if they walked into a hospital in certain parts of the country for health care they could not be refused even with no ins or no way to pay? About to bankrupt some hospitals? 

Sorry if they are illegal and they cross paths with any law enforcement or any official at all they get a free ride back to where they came from. And if they have kids and spouses send em with. Jmo.

Those hard working illegals soon turn into generations of welfare payments.  They come here pregnant or get that way soon after and then go to a hospital to have a baby on the other patient's dime.  If the baby is premature, it is then put on Social Security payments and now being a US citizen, you cannot get rid of them.  That is why they are called Anchor Babies.  

1 hour ago, rsscott said:

Those hard working illegals soon turn into generations of welfare payments.  They come here pregnant or get that way soon after and then go to a hospital to have a baby on the other patient's dime.  If the baby is premature, it is then put on Social Security payments and now being a US citizen, you cannot get rid of them.  That is why they are called Anchor Babies.  

I have heard it said or read that the language being used to support the anchor baby thing is not necessarily being interpreted as originally intended? In any case maybe its time to amend or clear up that wording. My stance is if you came here illegally or over stayed and are now illegal you and the baby go back to your home country.  

I agree with Rick that government is inefficient at every thing it does. That is why we need watchdog groups and we all need to pay attention and vote in the best leaders we can and vote out the bd ones. 

Also agree with Tony that to do nothing is no answer either. Yes it will cost but its also costing to do nothing. We as American citizens need to hold our officials feet to the fire not just on this issue but many others as well. Hard choices need to be made and carried out.

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I have heard it said or read that the language being used to support the anchor baby thing is not necessarily being interpreted as originally intended? In any case maybe its time to amend or clear up that wording. My stance is if you came here illegally or over stayed and are now illegal you and the baby go back to your home country.  

I agree with Rick that government is inefficient at every thing it does. That is why we need watchdog groups and we all need to pay attention and vote in the best leaders we can and vote out the bd ones. 

Also agree with Tony that to do nothing is no answer either. Yes it will cost but its also costing to do nothing. We as American citizens need to hold our officials feet to the fire not just on this issue but many others as well. Hard choices need to be made and carried out.

I understand that the way Mexico law is a Mexican citizen cannot give birth to someone in another country and have it expected to be that country's person it is considered their citizen whether it's born over in Mexico or not . So the whole idea of anchor babies contradicts Mexican law 

2 minutes ago, bitty said:

I understand that the way Mexico law is a Mexican citizen cannot give birth to someone in another country and have it expected to be that country's person it is considered their citizen whether it's born over in Mexico or not . So the whole idea of anchor babies contradicts Mexican law 

If i understand you right(its early) there should be no problem sending baby and parents back then. Should make it easy  deport illegals as fast as possible.

8 minutes ago, bitty said:

If I understand you correctly, I believe it's the same here. A baby born to a citizen of the United States of America, no matter where it is born in the world, is a citizen of the United States of America. It may also be a citizen of the country in which it was born, depending on that country's laws.

The USA is not unique in giving citizenship to babies born here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

If I understand you correctly, I believe it's the same here. A baby born to a citizen of the United States of America, no matter where it is born in the world, is a citizen of the United States of America. It may also be a citizen of the country in which it was born, depending on that country's laws.

The USA is not unique in giving citizenship to babies born here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli

My youngest daughter was born in Germany. She has dual citizenship only because we applied on her behalf for German citizenship. Because we are American she was automatically a US citizen.

Rick

With respect, the immigrants are not JUST doing jobs that Americans don’t want to. They are also doing trade jobs, sometimes because the employer wants to pay less. And welding is my example, along with pipe fitting, plumbing, concrete, electrician, truck drivers, and carpentry 

4 hours ago, AKwelder said:

With respect, the immigrants are not JUST doing jobs that Americans don’t want to. They are also doing trade jobs, sometimes because the employer wants to pay less. And welding is my example, along with pipe fitting, plumbing, concrete, electrician, truck drivers, and carpentry 

Well you are in AK, not in the lower 48. No natural born American citizens under the age of about 30......or I should say most don't want to weld, fit pipes, plumb, do concrete, do electrical, drive trucks or do carpentry. What kids right out of high school (in this rural area) are demanding is to be able to set their own hours, company provided snacks and beverages and at least 20 an hour with no work experience or  job skills. No weekends, long days, overtime, or holidays.

Army buddy in CO started his own roofing company that has grown into a small construction company. He'll tell you right now that if it wasn't for LEGAL immigrants he wouldn't have work crews. And Jon is about as conservative as you can get. He told me not to long ago that the average person who even applies for a job is Hispanic. If they can't provide a green card or proof of citizenship he won't hire them. Funny but he thinks the same thing I think about the proposed wall. Jon did a hitch with 11th ACR doing border patrols during the Cold War about the same time I was doing patrols with 2nd ACR. We were both platoon SGTs at the same time in 1/4 Cav at Ft Riley. Here in west MN we have a couple of small manufacturers who need welders all the time. Just not enough kids talking it in school. My youngest daughter now regrets going to school to be a medical lab tech. She could make more money welding. She makes 19 an hour now.

Rick

31 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Well you are in AK, not in the lower 48.

Could the same be said for your view on the wall? You're in Minnesota, not a southern border state...

26 minutes ago, ZachGrant said:

Could the same be said for your view on the wall? You're in Minnesota, not a southern border state...

LOL true but it will still fail. I have lived in EL Paso and done border patrols on the AZ/Mex border as well as border patrols on the Iron Curtain and the DMZ in Korea. SO based on past experiences, the track records of other nations that used fences, US policies that won't allow us to just shoot border crosser's, and the US governments track record for doing things right, I really don't think they can make much of a dent in cross border traffic. The most effective "wall" is the DMZ in Korea. And they have a large exclusion zone where civilians are not allowed and a shoot to kill policy......and very few, but a few people still manage to cross. And that exclusion zone is on their side to make it work. The NK's also have an exclusion zone on the water. Anything caught there without permission is immediately brought under fire. Please explain to me how a simple wall is going to stop anyone when they can dig under it and or go over it or simply go around the ends on a little boat ride. We darn sure are not going to start shooting people trying to cross the border. Before you answer that think about all the efforts of the US Coast Guard (boots on the ground so to speak, maybe hull in the water is better) with help in tracking suspect vessels from the US Navy and the Air Force, and massive amounts of drugs still get though. Now toss on an extra burden or interdicting people? 

Rick

Rick you may want to ask Israel how they make their walls work. It's by putting people behind them.  I know your gonna say what about the cost of that but it will be cheaper than deportations, court hearings, criminal justice, strain on social programs, and smaller budgets for ICE & other departments when you can stem the flow across the border. Also as far as young people not wanting trade jobs must be a regional thing. Down in this area we are wrapped up with kids out of high school going into skilled trades, welding, pipefitting, carpentry, etc. I was one of them. Pipeliners here are thick as fleas also. I kinda looked at it like this, (not saying it is the best viewpoint) but I could go into debt going to college and get a job like teaching making 45k if I was lucky or go work industrial construction or pipeline and make at least double that. And no disrespect to teachers, I think that job should start out paying 100k and go up from there.

1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

LOL true but it will still fail. I have lived in EL Paso and done border patrols on the AZ/Mex border as well as border patrols on the Iron Curtain and the DMZ in Korea. SO based on past experiences, the track records of other nations that used fences, US policies that won't allow us to just shoot border crosser's, and the US governments track record for doing things right, I really don't think they can make much of a dent in cross border traffic. The most effective "wall" is the DMZ in Korea. And they have a large exclusion zone where civilians are not allowed and a shoot to kill policy......and very few, but a few people still manage to cross. And that exclusion zone is on their side to make it work. The NK's also have an exclusion zone on the water. Anything caught there without permission is immediately brought under fire. Please explain to me how a simple wall is going to stop anyone when they can dig under it and or go over it or simply go around the ends on a little boat ride. We darn sure are not going to start shooting people trying to cross the border. Before you answer that think about all the efforts of the US Coast Guard (boots on the ground so to speak, maybe hull in the water is better) with help in tracking suspect vessels from the US Navy and the Air Force, and massive amounts of drugs still get though. Now toss on an extra burden or interdicting people? 

Rick

Rick , you valid points and I respect experiences on borders , I concede you know much more then I .

However , here is the problem, there is no solution being forwarded. 

We have a president with the resolve to go after it one way or other and all we do is fight him all long . All of us hate our situation on border  let's unite behind behind him as skeptical as many are if for nothing else to show the USA people want solution to this mess. 

What is insanity ? Doing same thing over and expecting different results.

trump is our only intitial push into this border mess , no one else has the balls 

if we don't start now we going to loose the battle. Wake up quit standing in your own way 

Tony 

14 minutes ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

Rick you may want to ask Israel how they make their walls work. It's by putting people behind them.  I know your gonna say what about the cost of that but it will be cheaper than deportations, court hearings, criminal justice, strain on social programs, and smaller budgets for ICE & other departments when you can stem the flow across the border. Also as far as young people not wanting trade jobs must be a regional thing. Down in this area we are wrapped up with kids out of high school going into skilled trades, welding, pipefitting, carpentry, etc. I was one of them. Pipeliners here are thick as fleas also. I kinda looked at it like this, (not saying it is the best viewpoint) but I could go into debt going to college and get a job like teaching making 45k if I was lucky or go work industrial construction or pipeline and make at least double that. And no disrespect to teachers, I think that job should start out paying 100k and go up from there.

When I was young My Daddy use to tell me that;  Those that can do . Those that can't teach , 

before I get pummeled I have 4 Ag teachers in family that I think the sun sets on not to mention several school teachers . 

tony

15 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Tony I want change. But I've patrolled our side of the Iron Curtain before the Soviet Union failed. I've seen far more of that wall than I really care to. And it didn't work when they were killing people who tried to get through it. A wall on the Mexican  border will completely fail IMO. They will quickly dig under it, climb over it or go around the ends. Just seems to me to be a total waste of money. Now if you could assure me that along with the wall that the immigration law would be rigorously enforce no matter who sits in the Oval Office for the foreseeable future I would support it 100%. What I see is something that going to cost billions and have no effect when the next liberal president decides to cut holes in it or to tear it down.

Heck I saw pictures of some device the cartels came up with where they already have a fence. Kinda like a big potato cannon. IIRC they use propane as a propellant. Just shoot drugs over the fence. Took em about 3 days to figure that out. I see us spending billions on the war on drugs and we darn sure ain't winning that. I really wish I had an answer. But throwing money at a problem isn't going to solve it either. Especially if the government is involved in it. They are bad at everything they do., regardless of who's in power. Some just do worse that the others.

Rick

It looks Israel's wall is working. The Berlin wall and the iron curtain were build to prevent people fleeing from those communist sh*tholes. Trump want to build to keep people outside, like Israel and a lot of cities in mideavel Europe. 

Ha!  Drumpf doesn't know whether a wall will work or not, and he doesn't care.  He's pushing it because....

1. It energizes his base to continue to support him (as evidenced by members here); and perhaps more importantly
  2. His narcissistic personality disorder (look up the definition - it fits to a T)  drives him to create some lasting monument to HIM

Y'all are by in large are good American loving people but it astounds me that so many of you can't see through the actions and intents of this Charlatan.

And for all of you that think Drumpf is a conservative.....think again.  He's at his central core is apolitical.  He's a masterful opportunist.  It's all about "Him".  He's a self-centered egotist that leached onto the Republican Party because he believe it his best chance in assume POWER.  His view of POWER is different from what all of us have known as the limitations of the Executive branch of the Gov't of this Great Nation.

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Ha!  Drumpf doesn't know whether a wall will work or not, and he doesn't care.  He's pushing it because....

1. It energizes his base to continue to support him (as evidenced by members here); and perhaps more importantly
  2. His narcissistic personality disorder (look up the definition - it fits to a T)  drives him to create some lasting monument to HIM

Y'all are by in large are good American loving people but it astounds me that so many of you can't see through the actions and intents of this Charlatan.

And for all of you that think Drumpf is a conservative.....think again.  He's at his central core is apolitical.  He's a masterful opportunist.  It's all about "Him".  He's a self-centered egotist that leached onto the Republican Party because he believe it his best chance in assume POWER.  His view of POWER is different from what all of us have known as the limitations of the Executive branch of the Gov't of this Great Nation.

Okay mr intelligence give us solutions . 

Tell your choice of president and what you think would be happening. 

Without going to Internet to quote your answers. 

Speak from your experience and knowledge . 

I want to change my perspective help me accomplish that. But once I since you speaking talking points you'll lose me 

solutions not BS my friend. Best to you !

tony

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

His view of POWER is different from what all of us have known as the limitations of the Executive branch of the Gov't of this Great Nation.

Sounds like a postcard of obummer....

That being said 'Tilla, I respect your opinions most of the time and think that there needs to be more like you on the left.  May not agree with my opinions, but willing to listen to them and try to see the good in them.  So many now are polarized to the left or right.  The "correct" answer is more than likely in the middle somewhere, but neither side will budge.  One more thing to thank obummer for, polarizing the nation

3 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Much like the megalomania displayed by the America HATING MUSLIM?  I find it hard to believe that YOU allowed that to slip by.

download.jpg.ea6f9be2821f501ff9f7bc5830218266.jpg Who picked up the 'pose' from Il Duce  507205143_download(2).jpg.d223f4486a0738a0c87966e60a055826.jpg

Talk about narcissistic:

https://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/terence-p-jeffrey/i-me-my-obama-uses-first-person-singular-199-times-speech-vowing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2171006/Video-President-Obama-says-words-I-total-117-times-ONE-speech.html

And I don't recall the 'majikal' America HATING MUSLIM ever thanking the voters, UNLESS describing them as "And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." was the "progressive way of 'thanking' them.

Like I have said in the past, one of the MANY reasons the LYING, LIBERAL, ELITIST, SEWAGE of the MEDIA adore(ed) the America HATING MUSLIM, is that they had finally found someone who HATED America, its values, its FREEDOMS, the Constitution, Christianity, the Military, its Euro-centric heritage and culture as much as, if NOT more, than does the SEWAGE of the MEDIA themselves. (The ONLY thing he did NOT give the MUSLIM culture their due credit for was using their left hand to wipe their ass, but the way he drew flies, one has to wonder whether he understood the concept of washing afterwards).

They thought they had found their 'saviour' in Ol' Billy Bob Bentdick, but Ol' Billy Bob got side tracked by that patch of hair between a woman's legs, AND the pleasure of a good BJ, and let socialism slide off to the back burner, but the 'majikal' HALFRICAN was, and remains a hard 'corpse' communist, much to the delight of the SEWAGE, and the Criminal Btich would have continued his halfassed 'legacy' onwards and upwards towards 1444467211_download(3).jpg.1677398895e31adda59b956b82db1224.jpg  Obama_Poster_Parodies.gif.1d50c5b88c047ac818486e5b9990b9c5.gif  I guess that the "price of arugula" is a slap at those 'deplorables' in 'flyover country', who must content themselves with common spinach.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:29 AM, Steve C. said:

If WE cut the hand outs by 100% there'd be no need for a wall at all.

Pretty sure if we took away the buffet of free benefits they'd quit showing up.

Then there's this:

Faux squaw.jpg

Spot on Steve. This is the attitude of the modern American left leadership. Politics before our own citizens. Good dems need to wake up and cast out these liberal wackos but alas  they won't. You cant defend this kind of cold disregard for an AMERICAN CITEZEN and her grieving family. Prayers to the tibbetts family.

21 hours ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

21 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Rick , you valid points and I respect experiences on borders , I concede you know much more then I .

However , here is the problem, there is no solution being forwarded. 

We have a president with the resolve to go after it one way or other and all we do is fight him all long . All of us hate our situation on border  let's unite behind behind him as skeptical as many are if for nothing else to show the USA people want solution to this mess. 

What is insanity ? Doing same thing over and expecting different results.

trump is our only intitial push into this border mess , no one else has the balls 

if we don't start now we going to loose the battle. Wake up quit standing in your own way 

Tony 

Until we are prepared to harshly enforce our border wall there is no solution. All that wall is is a symbol. If I thought it was a working solution I'd back it 100%. 

20 hours ago, jordi 1455 said:

It looks Israel's wall is working. The Berlin wall and the iron curtain were build to prevent people fleeing from those communist sh*tholes. Trump want to build to keep people outside, like Israel and a lot of cities in mideavel Europe. 

Israel's 833 miles of border is easier to defend (and that's what they are doing is defending) with deadly force than our 1900 plus mile US/Mex border with no deterrents. That's the point that everyone is missing, they will shoot with no warning to kill just like the Soviet Union did and NK is doing now. We are not about to adopt a shoot to kill border policy especially against someone just trying to have a better life. And if you look at those "mid evil Cities" there again they were not 100% secure. Plus those who really wanted to get in would do so in a large number of ways including tunneling.

Rick

Even if a wall is not 100 percent effective, it WILL stop X, or even XX percent of these 'people' getting in.

Another benefit is that it could be built to funnel these CRIMINALS into choke points, where the Border Patrol could concentrate its efforts.

With the technology that law enforcement already has, and uses to monitor law abiding American citizens, there is NO reason, other than they would resist giving up their sole 'ownership' of these methods, that it cannot be used against our true enemies.

However, should President Trump succeed in cutting off the access to the welfare benefits for these 'people', I believe that you would see an almost instantaneous drop off in those 'fleeing' their home countries.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jun/27/trump-says-time-has-come-immigration-law-barring-i/

And as we see, such a law already exists, and NOW IS THE TIME TO ENFORCE IT.

We should "harshly" defend our borders. Not saying shoot to kill everyone but I feel they wouldn't be so eager to climb over/under if they knew we were putting the adequate manpower to secure the wall and then once they are caught it is off to prison before being deported. I believe you would harshly defend the walls of your own home if someone was trying to sneak in, there is no difference here. The wall is just a symbol to you but I bet  the lock on your front door is more than a symbol. Just because they are coming for a better life means nothing. People rob banks because the money can make their lives better but we don't take it easy on them.  If some homeless/vagrant comes into your home to squat because it's a better life than sleeping outdoors make it ok or morally acceptable? If it does somehow make it morally or ethicly acceptable since they are coming for a better life how many are you willing to take in to your home? You say all the things mentioned won't work but mention nothing that will as Tony had mentioned about in a previous post. A saying my father had when he dealt with someone who was full of Can't was " Your telling me all the reasons you can't when you should be spending your time looking for the ONE way that you can." Also, I don't doubt your experiences with the Berlin Wall or the DMZ, but to say they didn't work I feel would be incorrect. How many people were able to sneak across both of them? 500? 1000? 5000? Seems successful compared to the 8-12 MILLION that have made it across our border. So I would have to say walls do work or they wouldn't be used anymore by anyone. I feel you and Tilla being on the liberal end of the spectrum has led yall to believe "Oh well, nothing we can do to stop it, they just coming for a better life." Or "it's a Trump idea so I'm 1000% against it regardless of what it is."  

Archived