Missing Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts Found Dead

ThirdGenRed

49 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

It probably doesn’t matter Rick. I honestly was just curious if the purposely passed over the first portion of your comments.

Yes I did so on purpose.  Not that I disagreed w/ everything he had said, because some is sensible and correct, some of it I have a different opinion on.  Instead I referenced the portion of OT's post that I STRONGLY agree w/ .

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Steve C. said:

If WE cut the hand outs by 100% there'd be no need for a wall at all.

Pretty sure if we took away the buffet of free benefits they'd quit showing up.

Then there's this:

Faux squaw.jpg

If the victim was a black girl and the murderer a white man she calls it rascism and blame Trump for it.

It`s obvious in today`s day and age we are more and more responsible for our own family`s safety. 

The man can`t watch over us constantly. 

Nuts fall through the cracks no matter WHAT our police/government does.

Protect yourself/be aware of your surroundings/take protection classes/get a gun or whatever you need to do. 

A young pretty defenseless girl jogging on a remote road. 

He!!, they arrested our local fire dept chief, a local minister AND a local police chief all 3 for child sexual charges. 

It`s nasty out there people!

3 hours ago, oldtanker said:

LOL, hey he can agree or disagree all he wants. Does it matter?

Tony, that wall, given a few months won't even be a speed bump as soon as they tunnel under it, go over the top of it or go around the ends of it. You as a land owner should know that a fence doesn't keep people out who really want in. It only keeps law abiding and or lazy people out. If they dig tunnels or go around the ends a drone wont see em either. I believe that there are other ways to handle this without costing the taxpayer hundreds of billions in the long run without any real gain. There goes the safety factor.

What would slow it down if not end it is laws, most already on the books being enforced. They can already try managers or business owners who hire illegals but it's seldom enforce. Should be pretty easy. 1st the SS administration should have to inform an employer if an applicant is using a SSN that's already being used. Right now they are not allowed to do that. That would eliminate the excuse that they didn't know because the "applicant" had a SSN. Once that was in place a prospective employer has no excuse. Should not be hard. Heck I can get on a plane and fly almost any place in the world, take my debit card and stick it in an ATM and in the matter of 2-3 minutes the machine will contact my bank, find out if I have the funds request available, deduct those funds and issue me money converted to the local economy. An employer should be able to plug in a SSN and know if it's being used elsewhere in the matter of seconds.

Then too don't just deport someone. Punish them for breaking the law and entering the US illegally. I think we can grant them a wish, that is work and punish them at the same time. 1st offense 30 days at hard labor. 2nd 90 days ECT followed by deportation.

Rick

Understand Rick ,

sounds good if all that was adhered to but it's not . As crude as it seems lets go old school on the roughest portions of our borders. It's a start a show of resolve and we can continued working on all solutions available.

As for all the laws you cite , good luck !we cannot even control sanctuary cities!o

Telling you lets go old school get it done , you cannot tell me they are not accounting for tunnels and all the other crap you site. 

As a landowner I am very well aware of how important fences are . We also have steel gates on our dirt roads does not contro all but it cuts down 95 percent of crap and gives us legal deffinitions of trespassing etc.

let not over think this simple basic principles sometimes work the best

tony

1 hour ago, Tonyinca said:

Understand Rick ,

sounds good if all that was adhered to but it's not . As crude as it seems lets go old school on the roughest portions of our borders. It's a start a show of resolve and we can continued working on all solutions available.

As for all the laws you cite , good luck !we cannot even control sanctuary cities!o

Telling you lets go old school get it done , you cannot tell me they are not accounting for tunnels and all the other crap you site. 

As a landowner I am very well aware of how important fences are . We also have steel gates on our dirt roads does not contro all but it cuts down 95 percent of crap and gives us legal deffinitions of trespassing etc.

let not over think this simple basic principles sometimes work the best

tony

Tony I'm looking at the money and risks some of these people take to get here. Something like that "wall" isn't going to stop em just like the person who is going on your property no matter what. A fence or wall in either case is nothing more than a small speed bump.

It's been in the news. They have part of a wall built out in Southern CA and they just tunnel under it. They have been looking at what to do about it. They don't have a solution to it yet. The problem is that border is about 1950 miles. Really difficult to cover that distance. If I thought that wall would cut the Mexican/South American illegals by even 33% I'd be all for it. I really doubt it will stop even 10%. There has to be a more cost effective way to do it.

That's the biggest part of the problem now. Some of those laws are there. They are not enforce very often.

Rick 

I heard some bubble headed female liberal, on TV today did everything but outrite say it was the victims' fault for "running alone"

GOOD GRIEF----------:angry:

Mike

10 hours ago, Steve C. said:

If WE cut the hand outs by 100% there'd be no need for a wall at all.

Pretty sure if we took away the buffet of free benefits they'd quit showing up.

Then there's this:

Faux squaw.jpg

I don’t think it would make much difference.  From what I see and hear, in some cases in person, the immigrants and illegals here are very willing work.  They didn’t come for the handouts.  Don’t forget also that the environment where they came from was so ugly that are willing to go through a lot to find a better life.

Elizabeth Warren’s comment makes here sound like a fool.

Have said forever re: illegal immigration -

YOU ELIMINATE THE MARKET FOR CHEAP ILLEGAL LABOR, THEN YOU ELIMINATE THE SUPPLY OF CHEAP ILLEGAL LABOR

• FACT:  Too many Americans choose not to do the same work for the same compensation that illegals will work for (not a personal socio/political personal view; instead just a stone cold fact.  That one's on America, not Mexico.
  • Some businesses feel the need for this cheaper labor and either totally ignore what is legally required, or do the minimum w/ paperwork and just LCTA's (means "legally cover their azzes") and proclaim "all is good, I did what I was suppose to do" (wink and a nod). For those that cry about our immigration policies and then hire illegals even suspecting that they may be hiring an illegal but do nothing further to validate, IMHO they're hypocrites.)

I agree with securing our borders %100. 

However this tragedy could have been perpatrated just as easily been one of our homegrown scumbags. We have plenty born and raised on our own soil. Illegal immigrant or Citizen scumbag. Unfortunately this is a dangerous world and the focus should be preventing crimes of this nature both foreign as well as domestic. As screwed up as this sounds if this had been the local homegrown Crackhead that did this crime instead of a illegal it wouldn't have garnered this type of attention across the country. 

I think the focus should be on the crime, not on the immigration status of the suspect. He's guilty as sin no matter where he came from. Now everyone flame away at me

Reichow you have a very good point. I still strongly think we need to secure out borders for many reasons but you and Rick have both correctly pointed out that its a dangerous world regardless of who is doing the crimes. Make sure your families are aware of surroundings and women and children espec go about in pairs whenever possible....

7 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

I agree with securing our borders %100. 

However this tragedy could have been perpatrated just as easily been one of our homegrown scumbags. We have plenty born and raised on our own soil. Illegal immigrant or Citizen scumbag. Unfortunately this is a dangerous world and the focus should be preventing crimes of this nature both foreign as well as domestic. As screwed up as this sounds if this had been the local homegrown Crackhead that did this crime instead of a illegal it wouldn't have garnered this type of attention across the country. 

I think the focus should be on the crime, not on the immigration status of the suspect. He's guilty as sin no matter where he came from. Now everyone flame away at me

Agree completely.  Coincidental crimes.

5 minutes ago, Randy Sohn said:

SOUND like? <g>

best, randy

I was trying to be civil as possible.  Public forum ya know . . . 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:57 AM, MTO said:

After he is found guilty, simply hand in over to her family with the cuffs still on him. 

The difference between justice and the law is a baseball bat

A fence keeps the neighbors livestock out and your livestock in.

If the wall won't work, then what is your way of stopping this illegal immigration?

The border patrol will find the tunnel rats.

Our new battle cry, "Build the wall for Mollie!"

Her and others killed and injured by illegals have me damn mad.

We need less talk and more action, now!

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:
  • FACT:  Too many Americans choose not to do the same work for the same compensation that illegals will work for (not a personal socio/political personal view; instead just a stone cold fact.  That one's on America, not Mexico.

Agree 100%.

I don't believe the working illegals are the problem.  They're not taking away jobs, just doing the ones that spoiled kids (and adults) here won't do.

3 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Agree 100%.

I don't believe the working illegals are the problem.  They're not taking away jobs, just doing the ones that spoiled kids (and adults) here won't do.

They still get free health care tho dont they? Was under impression if they walked into a hospital in certain parts of the country for health care they could not be refused even with no ins or no way to pay? About to bankrupt some hospitals? 

Sorry if they are illegal and they cross paths with any law enforcement or any official at all they get a free ride back to where they came from. And if they have kids and spouses send em with. Jmo.

1 minute ago, iowaboy1965 said:

They still get free health care tho dont they? Was under impression if they walked into a hospital in certain parts of the country for health care they could not be refused even with no ins or no way to pay? About to bankrupt some hospitals? 

Sorry if they are illegal and they cross paths with any law enforcement or any official at all they get a free ride back to where they came from. And if they have kids and spouses send em with. Jmo.

I don't believe they or anyone else should receive free health care.

3 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Tony I'm looking at the money and risks some of these people take to get here. Something like that "wall" isn't going to stop em just like the person who is going on your property no matter what. A fence or wall in either case is nothing more than a small speed bump.

It's been in the news. They have part of a wall built out in Southern CA and they just tunnel under it. They have been looking at what to do about it. They don't have a solution to it yet. The problem is that border is about 1950 miles. Really difficult to cover that distance. If I thought that wall would cut the Mexican/South American illegals by even 33% I'd be all for it. I really doubt it will stop even 10%. There has to be a more cost effective way to do it.

That's the biggest part of the problem now. Some of those laws are there. They are not enforce very often.

Rick 

Rick , along you point of laws etc , I firmly believe we need immigration reform to go with wall . Mr99 mentioned above eliminating stimulus for coming , jobs, yes along with all the perks of being here also 

free healthcare , welfare , education , list goes on. As for Ag jobs we can go on a seasonal permits etc but point I'am trying to make is we need a comprehensive effort which includes all the above along with wall. We need to be serious and show resolve. Like said by Some one before ICE will. Take care of the rats!

it needs to begin with all guns on deck

as for money ? This is wrong place to get timid , **** they have money for plan parenthood , we have money for this in long run it would make us so much return on our investment. 

I know  I will not change you mind but this is this taxpayers ' belief .

Tony

My condolences to the family of Mollie. Before jumping off the cliff.

Let the chips fall where they will. The illegal immigration started when the union lobbying closed down bring in legal farm workers for the crop season back in the 1960's.  The only reason vegetable crops have been grown in the USA is because illegal labor was available. Today in  California there aging workers that have papers from the Reagan years,the ones with forged paper,or the last years workers thru the H2 program that are legal. 

The strawberry growers where the first to go with the H2 program as you have to pay them for 6 or 9 months (not in my back yard so I am fuzz on details) even if sent home. Housing has been a big problem as there have some real racial  problems. A grower bought several adjoining houses in a subdivision being built and the neighborhood burned them down before they were complete.

Talked with a vineyard manager yesterday worker pay of $13/hour less SS and withholding but a 40% charge on top of that for labor contractor to pay workers comp and employers share of taxes so vineyard pays $18.20/hour. So not even close to minimum wage anymore. I have yet to see a wealthy labor contractor if they were honest, generally cheap both side if they cheat. Vineyard work is standing not bent over all day like picking strawberries. I worked side by side with a crew thinning grapes, training vines on trellis and picking grapes in my 50's and set the pace. It was a 15 acre vineyard so 2 to 4 days and the crew was off for another vineyard and went back to my field crops or beef cows. Not my vineyard but I was there to learn to grow grapes for myself. Decided I did not need the headache of dealing with winemakes and good workers have been getting hard to get every year. So I never planted any grapes.

So from my prospective if the welfare and totally free medical care would go away that would slow illegal immigration greatly. But it has been a new voter block for one political party so they are doing everything possible to keep it alive. The H2 worker program needs some fine tuning but it is how many of the new younger workers are coming.

Just as I have been here ranting a news blurb about a 22 foot deep by 500+ ft tunnel to bring drugs across the Arizona border.

Unless you all want to take chances on "Organic Vegetables" from China we need to fix the border but find ways to get farm labor. Or we could return to a drapht but put all 18 year olds in the fields picking fruit and vegetables for 6 months or a year before they move on to college or life. 

But this hot potato that needs to be addressed or ALL AMERICANS will suffer if we let every person that is illegal to vote. The way we are going we are sinking to become a third world country. The goose laying golden eggs is near death.

THANKS ALL YOU GREEDY POLITICIANS OF BOTH PARTIES.

1 hour ago, Tonyinca said:

Rick , along you point of laws etc , I firmly believe we need immigration reform to go with wall . Mr99 mentioned above eliminating stimulus for coming , jobs, yes along with all the perks of being here also 

free healthcare , welfare , education , list goes on. As for Ag jobs we can go on a seasonal permits etc but point I'am trying to make is we need a comprehensive effort which includes all the above along with wall. We need to be serious and show resolve. Like said by Some one before ICE will. Take care of the rats!

it needs to begin with all guns on deck

as for money ? This is wrong place to get timid , **** they have money for plan parenthood , we have money for this in long run it would make us so much return on our investment. 

I know  I will not change you mind but this is this taxpayers ' belief .

Tony

Tony I've watched the government throw money at problems for decades and not fix a darn thing. If you could put that wall in overnight it might slow em down for about 90 days then it will be business as usual. Show me a plan, that isn't going to be watered down when a new president is sworn in and I'll support that wall 100%.

1 hour ago, Diesel Doctor said:

A fence keeps the neighbors livestock out and your livestock in.

If the wall won't work, then what is your way of stopping this illegal immigration?

The border patrol will find the tunnel rats.

Our new battle cry, "Build the wall for Mollie!"

Her and others killed and injured by illegals have me damn mad.

We need less talk and more action, now!

I doubt they could find their backsides with a map, compass, detailed instructions and both hands. Heck the DEA is having a hard time finding all the tunnels the cartels are digging under the border. What makes you think they will do any better when they are running illegals through those tunnels? 

We pulled a 90 day border mission in 95 about a year before I retired on the AZ border. All we could do was observe and report. And we would then watch the border crosser's ignored by the BP. They just didn't have the manpower to chase all of em down. The one guy they did scoop up was an American from the reservation who walked across the border to get booze. We as soldiers were not allowed any contact with crosser's because of the posse comitatus act. 

I'm pretty angry about it too. I know what I'd do if you guys would just appoint me emperor.......err I mean president.....know how to deal with the gangs too......

Rick 

I think there have been some good points made here. 

I think we need to combine some of those good points. 

Here goes:  1. The point was made that immigrants are doing jobs that Americans refuse to do. This has been brought up many times by politicians in favor of guest worker programs. 

2. The point was made that there are too many handouts, i.e. healthcare and welfare/food stamps/WIC, etc. 

3. This is my main point: cut the handouts, and the lazy Americans will do the jobs if they have to work to eat (and we all know Americans like to eat!)

2 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Tony I've watched the government throw money at problems for decades and not fix a darn thing. If you could put that wall in overnight it might slow em down for about 90 days then it will be business as usual. Show me a plan, that isn't going to be watered down when a new president is sworn in and I'll support that wall 100%.

I doubt they could find their backsides with a map, compass, detailed instructions and both hands. Heck the DEA is having a hard time finding all the tunnels the cartels are digging under the border. What makes you think they will do any better when they are running illegals through those tunnels? 

We pulled a 90 day border mission in 95 about a year before I retired on the AZ border. All we could do was observe and report. And we would then watch the border crosser's ignored by the BP. They just didn't have the manpower to chase all of em down. The one guy they did scoop up was an American from the reservation who walked across the border to get booze. We as soldiers were not allowed any contact with crosser's because of the posse comitatus act. 

I'm pretty angry about it too. I know what I'd do if you guys would just appoint me emperor.......err I mean president.....know how to deal with the gangs too......

Rick 

So Rick your saying nothing going to change why even try. ?

You know at my age I keep fighting that urge and really I don't need too . I have had a tremendous life , I can live my life doing anything I want and I am deep in country so it will be a while till city gets here or I can hop in car for three hours and live at the beach and if God gives me till 85 who cares?

however, I grew up from immigrant Portuguese parents and grandparents who loved this country this country became theirs . None of my parents or grandparents ever went back to visit their homelands , I asked my Dad once why he would not go back to old to visit relatives , he said I was 19 when I left with 400 borrowed dollars and I never though I would be able to come here , I am here I am American this is my land . Pretty strong loyolity I was raised with and it served us well and all our neighbors and friends. 

Now just because of politics we see this great country sinking into a third world country before our eyes. Come out here and drive through these old country towns you sware you are a cross the border . Go to our schools and hospitals you see little Mexico and everything else.

i am basically retired don't have to deal with it and if live to 85 it will still be able to find little nitches to enjoy life  . Never thought I would need more then a 12 gauge ,never thought I would have to carry to feel safe in old age . But my heart breaks for you younger guys trying to raise a family or run a business , there is no place to run too.

i guess what you never knew wont make it hard for the young ins they are making their beds the can sleep in them..

you may ask why be so negative well because every time people try to fix things every armchair quarter back has a better idea and nothing gets done. If I let myself take your attitude Rick then I'll be living my negative thoughts , if I fight and vote for what I think are positive changes then there is hope

tony

Archived