tommyw-5088

Anyone have a boomer tractor

I wondered how good Boomers are. Been a couple complaints in Farm Show, but it seems they are mostly okay. If New Holland can't make a Boomer as good as a Kubota, they might as well get out of the tractor business.

52 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

I wondered how good Boomers are. Been a couple complaints in Farm Show, but it seems they are mostly okay. If New Holland can't make a Boomer as good as a Kubota, they might as well get out of the tractor business.

🤣Fiat/CaseIH? Make something as good as a Kubota? Not in this lifetime!

Never heard anything good about the Boomers. I've heard one or 2 complaints, something to do with the transmission.

Rick

13 minutes ago, lightninboy said:

I particularly remember someone not liking his Boomer 8N.

No idea. I do know that on another forum a couple of guys where  claiming to have had transmission issues.

Rick

I have owned a TC45D since 2007 (It's a 2002 model) and have had pretty good luck with it.  Nothing major, and it's been a handy little tractor to have around.  I have certainly used it and never taken it easy on it! It originally had R4 tires and those are about worthless.... 

130376.jpeg

2 hours ago, B.B. said:

I have owned a TC45D since 2007 (It's a 2002 model) and have had pretty good luck with it.  Nothing major, and it's been a handy little tractor to have around.  I have certainly used it and never taken it easy on it! It originally had R4 tires and those are about worthless.... 

130376.jpeg

A friend has the same one. Retired mechanical engineer. He's trading it. Has had a series of engine oil leaks, 1 front main, rear main and a couple of gaskets. He got it new. Is used to mow about 10 acres. He has the loader but I don't think he's ever used it. If he has it's been to carry stuff. He hire someone to do the drive in the winter. Just a toy to him.

Rick

3 hours ago, B.B. said:

130376.jpeg

At first glance I thought you had it hooked to the batwing mower. Haha

• Haha 2

From 07-13 that NH was used daily to feed hay.  In summer I bailed with it. Dad had a Case IH round baler that made small bales.  It's also carried more fire wood and broke ice in pond than can be counted. Since 2013 I just use it to cut and split wood and keep stuff mowed in summer time.  I use it for something nearly every weekend. 

I've never once regretted buying it.  It's been a great tractor that anyone can use and it owes me nothing. 

On 8/19/2018 at 5:25 PM, oldtanker said:

🤣Fiat/CaseIH? Make something as good as a Kubota? Not in this lifetime!

Never heard anything good about the Boomers. I've heard one or 2 complaints, something to do with the transmission.

Rick

A guy I work with his dad has a fairly new Kubota he bought brand new for himself and he says it is a piece of sh_t. He’s really fed up with it. Fighting the dealer to take it back right now. They can’t fix it. I always thought pretty highly of Kubota but now I’m wondering.

My boss has one just like above. Bought it new and has been trouble free  and it is used nearly daily. Been VERY good to them so far.  It's about 10 years old.

My B. I. L.  Had a 45 used it for everything even backfilling basements if I couldn't get there soon enough.  He traded for a bigger one a few years ago . He really liked it just figured it was time to trade

Don't know, maybe the guy I know just got a bad one.  I know he's fed up with it. It is a nice tractor to run. I kept his place mowed a couple of years ago while he was helping his sister move out west. And it ran/runs good. just the oil leak issues. And IMO the his oil leaks ain't that bad. Maybe a quarter sized spot on the floor once a week or so.

CaseIH/Fiat doesn't have the best reputation with small tractors around here. I even had a factory rep for CaseIH warn me off of the smaller CaseIH branded one a few years ago at a "Big Iron" ag show in West Fargo. This is the first I've heard of someone not liking a Kubota.

Rick

Had good luck with kobotas over the years. Never heard too much positive about small cnh or deere

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldtanker said:

This is the first I've heard of someone not liking a Kubota.

Rick

Rick,

To be more specific, this guy’s complaints apparently center around the Diesel emissions system on his Kubota. It keeps setting off warning lights and screwing up the runability of the engine, and it keeps having to go back in to the dealer. But when he gets it back it’s not long before it screws up all over again and they have to come get it again. And they can’t fix it, it happens repeatedly and he is really pissed. Must be a lemon. 

7 hours ago, edwardporter1 said:

Had good luck with kobotas over the years. Never heard too much positive about small cnh or deere

Deere Used Yanmar to make their small tractors for years and they are a solid unit.   I had a 855 Deere for several years and other than the fuel filter housing and the fuel gauge quitting it never required anything other than routine maintenance.  And we used it too for all kinds of things it wasn't big enough for! :)

Almost all of New Holland's compact tractors are built by LS in Korea, with New Holland decals slapped on.  If you have an LS dealer nearby you'd be able to get the same thing for, by all accounts I have read, a lot less money.  A couple models (the Easy Drive ones I think) are made in Mexico by CNH.  Before LS, New Holland bought their compacts from Shibaura in Japan...I'm not sure I'd want to be the guinea pig for their first attempt to do it themselves.

• Thanks 1

a few years in the service dept at a NH dealership tells me that they are junk