1967ihtruck

Parts needed

I have a 1967 ih 1100 that my grandpa bought new and I and in the process of bringing it back and it needs a lot of work. I was wondering if anyone had a set of front leaf springs that would work on it and a windshield and a passenger door window. If you happen to have anything like this reply and I will get with you and see what we could do. 

Thanks, Daniel

Glass is available from any good automotive glass store. A spring shop should be able to repair your springs. I have a 1200a which is a '66 and went through the same thing a couple years ago.

An IH is not like a Ferd or Chebby where you can get a catalog and order what you need, you will have to think outside the box.

Good luck and keep us posted, This group likes pictures..

Dennis

1 hour ago, jingles1928 said:

Glass is available from any good automotive glass store. A spring shop should be able to repair your springs. I have a 1200a which is a '66 and went through the same thing a couple years ago.

An IH is not like a Ferd or Chebby where you can get a catalog and order what you need, you will have to think outside the box.

Good luck and keep us posted, This group likes pictures..

Dennis

Thanks 

I don't see a lot of cancer in that body, looks like a pretty good platform to start with. Most of them bodies you could throw a cat thru and never hit a piece of metal and that is with the doors closed. Same color as my '66. Are you gonna restore to like new or keep the patina. Personally I like  it in working clothes but since it was Grampas that would be worth a full blown restoration. Don't have any pictures of mine and if I did I couldn't figure out how to post them. Lot of guys on here to help if you get stuck on something.

Dennis

16 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

I don't see a lot of cancer in that body, looks like a pretty good platform to start with. Most of them bodies you could throw a cat thru and never hit a piece of metal and that is with the doors closed. Same color as my '66. Are you gonna restore to like new or keep the patina. Personally I like  it in working clothes but since it was Grampas that would be worth a full blown restoration. Don't have any pictures of mine and if I did I couldn't figure out how to post them. Lot of guys on here to help if you get stuck on something.

Dennis

Here you go Dennis

20140918_092251.jpg

Thanx Bruce. Where was this? 

Dennis

22 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

Thanx Bruce. Where was this? 

Dennis

The last time the club was at farm science 

On 8/18/2018 at 12:15 AM, 1967ihtruck said:

If you happen to have anything like this

Here is a list of Light Line suppliers ,   Find a Dealer

I have been fixing a few things on my 67 Travelall ( my thread is here in truck section)   the trucks and travelalls share many of the

same parts and components,  I suggest that you get a copy of your trucks LST (line set ticket) which is available for approx $20 from the

Wisconsin Historical Society who is the caretaker of the McCormick IH archives , Your LST will show every component ,option etc. that

your truck was built from ,   Parts manuals and service manuals are available on ebay or reprints and are priceless for the help they provide.

binderplanet is another great forum/resource for information, guidance  ,parts . 

On 8/19/2018 at 10:25 AM, Kevingweq said:

Here is a list of Light Line suppliers ,   Find a Dealer

I have been fixing a few things on my 67 Travelall ( my thread is here in truck section)   the trucks and travelalls share many of the

same parts and components,  I suggest that you get a copy of your trucks LST (line set ticket) which is available for approx $20 from the

Wisconsin Historical Society who is the caretaker of the McCormick IH archives , Your LST will show every component ,option etc. that

your truck was built from ,   Parts manuals and service manuals are available on ebay or reprints and are priceless for the help they provide.

binderplanet is another great forum/resource for information, guidance  ,parts . 

My grandma still had all that stuff put away so I have the original ones from when the truck was bought

Would it just be cheaper to just buy used springs for the front then to have new ones mad because I think original ones are past any sort of repair and I am on a pretty tight budget at the moment and I just want something better than what I have.

I have a good used tailgate the same color

5 hours ago, Eason said:

I have a good used tailgate the same color

Do you have any pictures of it and what would be a good way to contact you about other information. 

send me a PM and I'll give you my email address.