66Loadstar4X4

1969 Loadstar 1600 4x4 Registration

10 minutes ago, 66Loadstar4X4 said:

Can you get a line setting ticket at any Navistar dealer?

That is the rumor but I chose to go here http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ Just for the convenience of doing it from my computer.  Cost $20.00 but was very easy with no road time.  Got mine today and was well worth the $20.00 and it helps support the preservation of the records. I dealt with.

Alec Thicke

McCormick Collection Assistant

Library, Archives, and Museum Collections Wisconsin Historical Society

816 State Street

Madison, WI  53706

(608) 264-6410

A very nice chap and a win win for us IH guys!

On 8/20/2018 at 6:03 AM, Super44 said:

I am getting the line set ticket soon so I will know what the parts are.  I do know it's is a BD-265 inline 6 and a 4 speed transmission.  Looks like collector plates will not work for this one, darn.

Did you look at the back of glove compartment. Factory pasted one there

25 minutes ago, edwardporter1 said:

Did you look at the back of glove compartment. Factory pasted one there

Glove compartment is not there and I checked the normal places to look for one.  I did find a re pop glove compartment on ebay.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, Super44 said:

That is the rumor but I chose to go here http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm/ Just for the convenience of doing it from my computer.  Cost $20.00 but was very easy with no road time.  Got mine today and was well worth the $20.00 and it helps support the preservation of the records. I dealt with.

Alec Thicke

McCormick Collection Assistant

Library, Archives, and Museum Collections Wisconsin Historical Society

816 State Street

Madison, WI  53706

(608) 264-6410

A very nice chap and a win win for us IH guys!

Did you find out what axle it has in front?

FA 58 front axle 6.16

20 hours ago, Super44 said:

FA 58 front axle 6.16

I hope I can find some lockout hubs that would be a major upgrade

I have read in a couple places that these trucks are "thirsty".  What is a ball park MPG for the BG-265?

On 8/20/2018 at 1:10 AM, TRAVELETTE said:

In Wisconsin a truck registered with collector plates is only allowed to carry 500 pounds over it's empty weight. That 500 lbs. includes the driver and any passengers. In other words, if you and your passenger are heavy set, that leaves 50 to 100 lbs. of "cargo". So, if you want to legally haul a tractor, you need to buy a regular plate that covers the loaded weight. I obey the law, and it annoys me when I see people breaking it. Because I spend about $600.00 each year properly licensing trucks that qualify for collector plates, so I can legally haul my toys and equipment. I see people breaking this law all the time. The other day I saw a rusted out '87 Ford F-150, overloaded with firewood, it's rear bumper almost dragging on the pavement, and yes, it had a collector plate. 

there have been many such discussions on here  ,and the consensus is....no regular/commercial plate no hauling for any reason,and at the fair/show you may get a ribbon/prize ...that is for profit 

check with local dmv (get 3-4 opinions in writing with foot notes to code) check with your insurance agent on what they cover and how it needs set up.

here it is basically $1k yr. each or $5 mile so they stay inside,and once on the books  insurance still wants $400 yr. ea. at  0- miles,

for ZERO !!!!! coverage and no chance they would payout!

On 8/20/2018 at 1:10 AM, TRAVELETTE said:

double post gremlins out tonight.......

here it is basically $1k yr. each or $5 mile so they stay inside,and once on the books  insurance still wants $400 yr. ea. at  0- miles,

14 minutes ago, mmi said:

What state are you in?

I cant tell for sure in your pictures but I think you have the Dana 70 front axle. Rockwell, Coleman, and Timken are possibilities also but yours being a 1600 is a lighter duty Loadstar. Better pictures of the axle could confirm, or line set ticket.  ( I can already tell its NOT a Coleman)

If it is indeed a Dana 70 with the 6 bolt flange mount hubs I see in the picture you may be able to buy lockout hubs for a 60s Dodge Power Wagon. Be sure to check spline counts before ordering anything though!

With the Rockwell or Timken axles you may be able to buy lockouts for a military deuce and a half, but they are all newer parts and be prepared to pay. 

5 hours ago, Binderdan said:

I cant tell for sure in your pictures but I think you have the Dana 70 front axle. Rockwell, Coleman, and Timken are possibilities also but yours being a 1600 is a lighter duty Loadstar. Better pictures of the axle could confirm, or line set ticket.  ( I can already tell its NOT a Coleman)

If it is indeed a Dana 70 with the 6 bolt flange mount hubs I see in the picture you may be able to buy lockout hubs for a 60s Dodge Power Wagon. Be sure to check spline counts before ordering anything though!

With the Rockwell or Timken axles you may be able to buy lockouts for a military deuce and a half, but they are all newer parts and be prepared to pay. 

Line set ticket says  FA 58 front axle 6.16

I know dealing with CT DMV sucks, but a call or a visit seems to be in order for you. Get your answer from the horse’s mouth.

OPINION ALERT!:  On another note, I don’t see how winning  a trophy or a ribbon would be considered “for profit” when many events charge a registration fee to participate. Just my two cents. 

10 hours ago, Caretaker said:

OPINION ALERT!:  On another note, I don’t see how winning  a trophy or a ribbon would be considered “for profit” when many events charge a registration fee to participate. Just my two cents. 

think  big GOVT!!!  hauling on classic plate and winning "restored" ribbon ,is  little more difficult to catch someone on, but the gestapo is everywhere they are doing other things at fairs/events already.

best is dippin farm plate, trucks without permission....and they are GAS!.

We only go as spectators now,use to support/volunteer,  3 a year,  when we quit it took  10 years and tax increase to get another together  (new venue).

falls under public parks, and county AH's would take over,harass everyone from innocent kids to the man that donated the park,$$ employees,equipment,had his name on the park and equipment

if search worked you could check on others that have lost cheap plates,for $5 win, but still no hauling on special plate means no hauling

This little paragraph says collector plates will not work for me on this truck.

Except for the four former military vehicles listed above, truck type vehicles with Collector plates cannot haul materials weighing more than 500 pounds, not including the weight of a camper, lid, or cap that is mounted on the truck, the weight of a trailer or load drawn by the truck.

https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/collector-plates.aspx

I got a 1977 loadstar 1754 Dump Truck with the DT466 I have it registered with Property Carrying Plates in South Carolina with a GVW of 25,999. I'm not for hire and its just for my personal use. I have a commercial insurance policy with progressive and it's costing me about $350 a year for a personal commercial policy (no business required)  with the state minimum liability requirements. Pretty simple to setup. 

On 8/30/2018 at 9:11 PM, Bullet said:

I got a 1977 loadstar 1754 Dump Truck with the DT466 I have it registered with Property Carrying Plates in South Carolina with a GVW of 25,999. I'm not for hire and its just for my personal use. I have a commercial insurance policy with progressive and it's costing me about $350 a year for a personal commercial policy (no business required)  with the state minimum liability requirements. Pretty simple to setup. 

What state are you in? Ive never heard of those plates, that sounds like the ideal situation.

I'm South Carolina. Here is our fee schedule per year that you have to pay when getting the truck registered 

http://www.scdmvonline.com/-/media/Files/Schedule-of-License-Fees.ashx?la=en&hash=2780D4F350C015DBE485E570D3A53CED577FA6DE

so depending on how much you legally register the vehicle at you pay x amount per year as part of registration costs and renewal. 

1 hour ago, Bullet said:

I'm South Carolina. Here is our fee schedule per year that you have to pay when getting the truck registered 

http://www.scdmvonline.com/-/media/Files/Schedule-of-License-Fees.ashx?la=en&hash=2780D4F350C015DBE485E570D3A53CED577FA6DE

so depending on how much you legally register the vehicle at you pay x amount per year as part of registration costs and renewal. 

I wonder if they use this fee structure along with a gas tax to help maintain great roads?  The unloaded weight might work in your favor.