Sign in to follow this  
bitty

Mystery machine

I was at the in-laws this afternoon and they are wondering what this is. Appears to be flatbelt drive, has a pump possibly

IMG_20180812_162934851.jpg

IMG_20180812_162946738.jpg

IMG_20180812_163107921.jpg

IMG_20180812_163119402.jpg

IMG_20180812_162934851_TOP.jpg

It's a steam engine.

• Thanks 1

Like others said steam engine. It is a vertical stationary. I know some guys who would be very interested in that, especially the one inch governor. 

2 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

Like others said steam engine. It is a vertical stationary. I know some guys who would be very interested in that, especially the one inch governor. 

Neighbor collects steam stuff, what little I learned from him, that is probably pretty valuable.

1 minute ago, TP from Central PA said:

Neighbor collects steam stuff, what little I learned from him, that is probably pretty valuable.

I am not sure what they are going to do with it...... I stopped by because there was a rattlesnake hit on the road 80 yards from my MILs place

Bitty----

I know nothing about steam-------but will copy and post over on the "IH tractors on Montana farm" thread.

Hopefully Roger Byrne can fill us in on more details.  Vertical steam engine with no boiler puzzles me. That sure looks to be a rare item.

Our other resident steam expert (Old Binder Guy) is recuperating from surgery------but hopefully will be back on line soon.

DD