Sign in to follow this  
Cattech

The smoke, the smoke, let me tell yaas a'boot the smoke!

All the doom and gloom about man made pollution, all the trucks and cars and coal burning power plants, running day in and out.....

But a few hundred thousand acres decide to burn off in California or Canada, wherever this is coming from... and a sunny day here in MN, well over a 1000 miles away, is overcast and hazy....1534027087779744970854.thumb.jpg.0d16a39ebf2ac5f1af7f03e2d029144c.jpg

Class action lawsuit against the state of California for allowing this “ pollution” to blow out of their airspace...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Been real hazy here for a month. They have californicated my view of the mountains. 

Bad here too. Can't quite taste it yet but close...

On the positive side I think the smoke helps lessen the intensity  of the heat we have been having. Hit near 100 degrees today I think. Made some interesting sunset pictures too. 

Merc sundown July 30 (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 2

Hay don't talk so loud,Fruits,Nuts,and Snowflakes will think of another tax that will squeeze out the last of us non billionaires,homeless , or illegals.

I do agree that the smoke cuts the intensity of the sun.

Oh well this is what happens when fuel adds up for 50 to 150 years. ALL CHAPPERALL WILL BURN someday.Cal Fire has even figured it out after doing there best to stop controlled burns for most of 50 years. So since Cal Fire wants to us more control burns Air Quality Control Board has stopped them.

1 hour ago, Loadstar said:

On the positive side I think the smoke helps lessen the intensity  of the heat we have been having. Hit near 100 degrees today I think. Made some interesting sunset pictures too. 

What’s the car?

33 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

What’s the car?

Its the 52 Mercury that shows up in many of my Roosty6 videos. 

Merc canola Aug 5 2 (1 of 1).jpg

2 hours ago, Loadstar said:

That one needs to be framed!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, new guy said:

think the smoke

Not to "rain on someone's parade" here  -  but the news programs on TV all say that the that smoke is from the Canadian forest fires, not from Calf.

best, randy

43 minutes ago, Art From DeLeon said:
  • From a native Californian 

Great Video Art! 

That in a nutshell is what most native Ca residence know ! But the liberal agenda has such a hold on Ca that it's become just plain  incomprehensible . Our Gov. Has lost his mind and most of the legislators are Hispanics that only know or care about illegals then you have the monied idiots that believe and follow any garbage fed them and have no common since . 

These fires could be a blessing in long run to bring attention to the idiocy of calif politics , all of it.

thank you Art for this video !

we also need you other states to start shaming our California Leadership.

i am praying for the day Trump pulls all monies for sanctuary cities and shows our Gov & AG who the sane ones are !

tony

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Our Gov. Has lost his mind and most of the legislators are Hispanics that only know or care about illegals....

You know the old saying, "your story, tell it anyway you like" 😄

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/data-watch/sd-me-ca-legis-demographics-20170112-story.html

10 hours ago, Randy Sohn said:

Not to "rain on someone's parade" here  -  but the news programs on TV all say that the that smoke is from the Canadian forest fires, not from Calf.

best, randy

Could be fake news....Sadly 95% of it is fake in some way, shape, or form. Yes there are terrible fires burning but the witch hunt of blame never really helps anyone and puts an even more negative spin on an already tragic event.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Could be fake news...

Concur, in many cases, so.  Tho I pretty much doubt it in this case.  The WX map on TV (WCCO) showed space photos of the smoke north of the border drifting southwards  into MN  -  hard to argue with video photos!

(BTW, was interesting again this morning, the sun through the haze/smoke was blood red.)

best, randy

Go to "PNW smoke map". or "PNW fire map" for a good look at what's happening in the Northwest. Drag the map down for a look at British Columbia fire activities. Undoubtedly the midwest is seeing some smoke from there. 

Today is the first clear day we've had in a couple of weeks. I'm afraid it will be short lived. 

The video speaks the truth. 

• Thanks 1

Just had a look at a DNR page, the western 1/3 of the country is burning.  Canada is burning too. Been smokey, here in Spokane, for days.  Guess I'll be the masked rider, next weekend, when I head to Chicago, to start my Route 66 ride.  BK

4 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

You know the old saying, "your story, tell it anyway you like" 😄

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/data-watch/sd-me-ca-legis-demographics-20170112-story.html

Mr. 99 , 

the numbers & headlines obfuscate who has the ear of those in power . Not to mention most are same party so they  pander to each other

. 99 you can't just take things at face value , when you live long enough you'll see that's not in your best interest .

just saying !

tony

Really windy but still smokey here today. Cooled down to 80 degrees or less. I can start to feel a bit of effects from the smoke after having my windows open all night and working outside all morning. 

It's still the enviro wakos that don't allow land use Californian or otherwise.. That cause big burns

Sad to see a state that is in financial trouble stands around pointing fingers during a tragedy. That tragedy could have been averted decades ago by implementing sustainable logging. Now they have billions of dollars burning up and we are all stuck bailing them out. 

Sure wish the rest of the country could vote for candidates in states that recieve federal aid over and over and over.

Yes we are getting smoke from the California AND Canadian fires across the mid west depending on your location. Makes for some pretty sunrises and sunsets. Guess we are getting something for our wasted money....

Well the air smells like camp fire....

8 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Mr. 99 , 

the numbers & headlines obfuscate who has the ear of those in power . Not to mention most are same party so they  pander to each other

. 99 you can't just take things at face value , when you live long enough you'll see that's not in your best interest .

just saying !

tony

Tony I couldn't agree w/ you more,  "You can't take things at face value."  That statement made me wonder...."Is the Cali legislature dominated by Hispanics?" (I think. "I don't know, perhaps it is?  Let me check.")  So I didn't take your statement at "face value' and instead researched and found it to be incorrect.  I would like to think yours was a matter of not knowing the truth rather than an effort to deceive.  Now I get it that you feel no matter what the ethnic make up of your legislature is you feel it's skewed to favor Hispanic interests.  Fine.  That's your personal opinion and much respected.  However it does not alter the fact that while Hispanics comprise about  40% of the population their representation is only about 20%  But that's not the issue here.

Again it's the danger that exists when someone throws something out there that is not true and those that read it take it as fact.  I don't know the motive in your mind when you posted that, I'll assume it was not an intent to purposely disseminate incorrect information but instead you not knowing and melding fact w/ personal beliefs.  What I do know is that there are those here hold you in high regard and would not take the time to fact check your statements.

I would encourage and ask all do the same of me.  Call me out when I state an incorrect "fact".  We are all human, sometimes we get wrong what we believe to be true tough we must also be intelligent enough to recognize when a person is just offering their personal "opinion" and those doing so should label their statements as such..

When you say "when you live long enough...." it made me chuckle.  Like you I've been around the block more than a few times and the difference our ages and what we have seen and experienced in life is MUCH less that what you might think it is.

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Tony I couldn't agree w/ you more,  "You can't take things at face value."  That statement made me wonder...."Is the Cali legislature dominated by Hispanics?" (I think. "I don't know, perhaps it is?  Let me check.")  So I didn't take your statement at "face value' and instead researched and found it to be incorrect.  I would like to think yours was a matter of not knowing the truth rather than an effort to deceive.  Now I get it that you feel no matter what the ethnic make up of your legislature is you feel it's skewed to favor Hispanic interests.  Fine.  That's your personal opinion and much respected.  However it does not alter the fact that while Hispanics comprise about  40% of the population their representation is only about 20%  But that's not the issue here.

Again it's the danger that exists when someone throws something out there that is not true and those that read it take it as fact.  I don't know the motive in your mind when you posted that, I'll assume it was not an intent to purposely disseminate incorrect information but instead you not knowing and melding fact w/ personal beliefs.  What I do know is that there are those here hold you in high regard and would not take the time to fact check your statements.

I would encourage and ask all do the same of me.  Call me out when I state an incorrect "fact".  We are all human, sometimes we get wrong what we believe to be true tough we must also be intelligent enough to recognize when a person is just offering their personal "opinion".

When you say "when you live long enough...." it made me chuckle.  Like you I've been around the block more than a few times and the difference our ages and what we have seen and experienced in life is MANY years less that what you might think it is.

99 there is theory and there is reality !

i don't give a Darn about your numbers , look at the results of our legislation in Ca. That's the reality . Study our legislative actions and tell me I am wrong.

check the big dogs pushing the agendas in Sacramento then tell me where the biases lie. 

Come live and operate out here and watch what goes on , where the influences are being directed.

then recite your talking points You have little experience of what you talking about but you can read and apotheosize and that's what being done today in our society and with many people's experiences only being school and Job where they are told how to think , say and believe. Everything is consumed as the actual fact . 

i did not intend for this to turn into a pissing match . 

The statement's intent is my belief based on 72 years experience in this state and watching to politics that be .

sorry it does not fit you elite ideology after all I am a minority Deplorable in Ca.

i tend to believe what my eyes and everyday life tell me as real , Rather the listening  to other people's idea of what I am seeing 

my story and sticking to it 

tony

• Like 3

The environmental wackos don't log their trees and then they end up burning anyway.

• Like 2