Sign in to follow this  
bitty

New orphan

I picked up a H this morning. Fairly early one considering they made around 400K of them . I am not sure what it's future plans are yet. 

Second to last pic shows the nice sagging paint it sports

IMG_20180811_102912132_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180811_102334101_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180811_102356882_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180811_102925367.jpg

IMG_20180811_102933179.jpg

IMG_20180811_102939479.jpg

IMG_20180811_102947180.jpg

1534016146649-798141230.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just want to comment before the correct police show up that i think thats a good looking rig. What make is the mower?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

Just want to comment before the correct police show up that i think thats a good looking rig. What make is the mower?

I think it's a scrap brand mower ;) (destined to be scrap soon) . My guess is that it's NH or even some other smaller sideline brand. I need a PTO output shaft as this is welded fast . My cousin told me about this coming in on a trade and I said I would probably be interested in it. I figured it was a balanced head mower, I didn't realize that they had the pitman kind mid mounted. After some consideration I had decided to not pass on at the price it was 

Looks like a good start there.  Never ceases to amaze me though how people insist it necessary to cut the hood out to put an alternator on an H.  We have on that's had a 10si delco on it for 30 years with no problems and the hoods not cut up.

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I think it's a scrap brand mower ;) (destined to be scrap soon) . My guess is that it's NH or even some other smaller sideline brand. I need a PTO output shaft as this is welded fast . My cousin told me about this coming in on a trade and I said I would probably be interested in it. I figured it was a balanced head mower, I didn't realize that they had the pitman kind mid mounted. After some consideration I had decided to not pass on at the price it was 

It's a Kosch made in Columbus Nebr. Very good mowers. I have a set of double 7's on an M. Knocked down a lot of hay with 'em before I went to a swather.

4 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

It's a Kosch made in Columbus Nebr. Very good mowers. I have a set of double 7's on an M. Knocked down a lot of hay with 'em before I went to a swather.

I was guessing off brand. 100% of the gaurds say Korea on them but I just found IH castings on it

IMG_20180811_175934922.jpg

IMG_20180811_175946916.jpg

The outer shoe can be anybody's but the head and drive look Kosch. They were originally a light green color.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

The outer shoe can be anybody's but the head and drive look Kosch. They were originally a light green color.

Like this color? 

1534026601779-1063301060.jpg

1 minute ago, bitty said:

Like this color? 

1534026601779-1063301060.jpg

Yessir!

• Thanks 1

You should keep the mower on it for a couple weeks, never know but you might find it handier than a side pocket in your underwear 😉

19 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

You should keep the mower on it for a couple weeks, never know but you might find it handier than a side pocket in your underwear 😉

It needs some (or more) attention

• Like 1

Well if it’s to much trouble I’ll take it off your hands. 

John

Boogadi boogadi let go mowing , boys 

Ain'tthat what  Darrel wal trip use to say ? 

That's a nice mower ,simple and sturdy ! And you can see what your doing compared to my new idea ? Got turn you head all day ! 

It’s a Kosch. Had one on our 560

I can save the mower for Redpower Roundup in Bloomsburg if someone needs it for parts. Pulley is welded to the PTO shaft, seems very sloppy at the pitman area

Like the paint job........!   Was it on CL?   Thought I remember one the other week with that seat.

7 minutes ago, TomH said:

Like the paint job........!   Was it on CL?   Thought I remember one the other week with that seat.

It was on c-list but I had other connections. My cousin took it in on a trade otherwise I would have not seen it. I have had it running, pull started . It took a little to figure out the one switch pulled out kills the spark, in and it runs (magneto). I think it was painted by barn paint. It is so sagging it almost has to be

2 hours ago, bitty said:

It was on c-list but I had other connections. My cousin took it in on a trade otherwise I would have not seen it. I have had it running, pull started . It took a little to figure out the one switch pulled out kills the spark, in and it runs (magneto). I think it was painted by barn paint. It is so sagging it almost has to be

2 hours ago, bitty said:

Thunder ️Sagging paint never hurt the running any that can think think of 👍🏿

16 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Thunder ️Sagging paint never hurt the running any that can think think of 👍🏿

Idk, On some days i feel like my paint is sagging too!

• Haha 1

That paint is like my ambition anymore. All i lack is finishing. 

• Thanks 1

We mowed hay, pasture, Creek banks and anything else with ours.

PTO stub that comes out the back side of pulley is for conditioner.  You sure pulley is actually welded to tractor PTO, cause I believe the stub in back is welded?

1 hour ago, nelson jr said:

We mowed hay, pasture, Creek banks and anything else with ours.

PTO stub that comes out the back side of pulley is for conditioner.  You sure pulley is actually welded to tractor PTO, cause I believe the stub in back is welded?

Yes. It looks like ten pounds of chicken p&&p on it. It wobbles badly but it's welded solid although it looks poorly compared to Finney's or AK's work

I got to looking over it a little more. Engine serial number matches the tag . Deck plate on the transmission is not a dip down in the middle, is that correct or not? 

IMG_20180814_170320616.jpg

IMG_20180814_170320616.jpg

On 8/12/2018 at 11:59 PM, bitty said:

Yes. It looks like ten pounds of chicken p&&p on it. It wobbles badly but it's welded solid although it looks poorly compared to Finney's or AK's work

See what I mean. Lol

IMG_20180814_171053764.jpg

IMG_20180814_171058346.jpg

IMG_20180814_171104429.jpg