Art From DeLeon

Day One Of The Predicted 6 Day Rain Event Has Ended With

Sorry to hear that. We just keep getting rain. My truck died Tuesday and while I was trying to work on it I was laying in about three inches of water as it down poured. 😕 Hopefully you guys will get some rain.

The North Texas Weather Report should be a " heads up it could possibly rain is some of the local areas."  and  "if the wind blows over 20 MPH you should head for cover".

I have awakened for the past 10 years with the National Weather Service radio,  The only accurate data is probably yesterdays high temperature at the local airport and possibly the rain fall to date.

17 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

Exactly ZERO accumulation.

That is all.

Why do you listen to them then Art?

When I drain my bladder off the deck first thing in the morning, I read the heat/wind/humidity/precipitation for the whole day just by how/where/when it flies to. 

Just watch for any updrafts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, I agree weather predictions aren't perfect (to the degree that some would expect them to be), but they have increasingly evolved for them to become much more so.  

Case in point; the Galveston Hurricane of 1900.  There was no NOAA, there was no systems in place to predict the devastation that would take place.  We now have systems in place that could have immensely reduced the loss of life.

They ARE the best that humankind has had to date and and do save lives.  I would strongly suggest that those that grouse about the failures and expect perfection in weather prediction to be reminded of where we were, where we are now, and in the future (if funding is provided) where we can be.

And people have lost the ability to read the weather patterns themselves. Wind directions, cloud formations,etc. The old timers had ways and they are getting lost.

I remember an old buck telling me - On the 3rd day of an east wind it will probably rain. 

Any others?

Some numbnuts on the TV says something and you take it for gospel Art?? Come on...you know better than that!!

No TV,  I use Weather Underground website.  The sorry SOBs on the television weather are, and this is hard to believe, even stupider than the sports 'reporters'.  If they aren't waving their hands around like a magician, they are, as my Dad used to say, "dancing around like a dog shitting peach seeds".

There has only been ONE exception to my description of the television weathermen, and that was/is Rusty Garret of KWTX-TV out of Waco, TX.  He knows his TIHS about Central Texas weather, and actually would extend his weather coverage a good 100-125 miles out of the local Waco area.

Day 2 of the Predicted 6-day Rain Event = 0.59 inches

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, new guy said:

And people have lost the ability to read the weather patterns themselves. Wind directions, cloud formations,etc. The old timers had ways and they are getting lost.

I remember an old buck telling me - On the 3rd day of an east wind it will probably rain. 

Any others?

Some numbnuts on the TV says something and you take it for gospel Art?? Come on...you know better than that!!

If the chickens go to roost late will be rain by morning. 

Day 3 of the predicted six day rain event has ended with exactly ZERO rain, for a three day total of 0.59 inches.

On 8/10/2018 at 7:24 PM, Art From DeLeon said:

"dancing around like a dog shitting peach seeds".

Thats classic!!!  🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, new guy said:

Thats classic!!!  🤣😂🤣😂

There is a similar saying around here that is told about someone nervous or very cold.  " He or she was shaking like a dog shitting persimmon seeds".  

Day 4 of the predicted six day rain event has given us 0.47 inches, for a FOUR day total of 1.06 inches.

22 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Around here the dog was always trying to pass razor blades.

Where I grew up it was cockleburs.

Peach seeds here. 

I don't know how it is where you live but around here especially this summer you need a complete different weather forecast for every 5 miles. At my house the lawn was completely brown, sweet corn in the garden rolling up its leaves, nothing growing but the "dingleweeds." 5 miles to the south or west, everything was lush and green. They'd call for rain, everyone around me would get a shot, and I'd get jack squat.

Day 5 of the predicted six day rain event has produced another 1.43 inches of rain, for a total of:

2.49 inches

27 minutes ago, Art From DeLeon said:

Day 5 of the predicted six day rain event has produced another 1.43 inches of rain, for a total of:

2.49 inches

And...…………????

2 hours ago, Art From DeLeon said:

2.49 inches

I'd be happier than a pig in mud if we got 2.49 inches of rain right now. I think you are rubbing salt in the wounds of a few now....

7 hours ago, new guy said:

I'd be happier than a pig in mud if we got 2.49 inches of rain right now. I think you are rubbing salt in the wounds of a few now....

We would LOVE to share. It was 5" that fell in Bradford county yesterday. Gordon76 can share some pictures of the floding in his backyard. Hopefully you get some and hopefully we can stop getting some for some time

25 minutes ago, bitty said:

We would LOVE to share. It was 5" that fell in Bradford county yesterday. Gordon76 can share some pictures of the floding in his backyard. Hopefully you get some and hopefully we can stop getting some for some time

We are very dry but down into MO it is really bad. We had the very bad last year. Got half a crop or less around here. This year looks better but still gonna be below average. I am guessing we are only a few weeks away from shelling corn.  Ears are turning down and stalks are dying. Beans are gonna need a healthy shot of rain. Supposed to maybe get some this week....maybe.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, Art From DeLeon said:

Exactly ZERO accumulation.

That is all.

Same here , se. Ks.

Since this IS day 6 of the predicted SIX day rain event, and there seems to be NO additional rain expected, I will generously ADD an estimated 0.01 inch that fell sometime during the night, and call the GRAND total 2.50 inches.

What made all this 'news worthy' was that this was the first measurable rain since June the 3rd, despite almost weekly 'forecasts' during that period of varying amounts, which were ALWAYS 'predicted' to be late in the ten day forecast, and would ALWAYS disappear from said 'forecast' as the start date approached.

Knowing this, these ARE the SAME 'professionals' who do not hesitate to tell us what the weather will be 100 or 500 years down the road.  And even better, NO ONE seems to know where this weather system came from.