1466 Rebuild

• 5 weeks later...

Big week for the 14!  Spent the week on display with a bunch of other tractors at the county fair.  Mostly green ?

Then on Saturday had to bring it back home and get it ready with family and neighbors for the tractor pull.  The one next to mine is a neighbor's 1066 with a 466 but basically stock. The next one is another neighbor's nice old 10 that my dad painted several years ago.  The next one is my dad's 10 painted up like the 5 millionth.  The next one is my brother's 5488, obviously pulled in a heavier class.

My 1466 won the class!  My driver is a high school kid that helps me out on the farm.  He did a great job and had a blast.

2019-08-01a.jpg

2019-08-02a.jpg

1466.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I wanna know what and where to find those fender flashers, I have a 1975 IH 766 white panel with black shifters and TA handle. I would like original flashers. I believe they are Hobbs brand. SN:2490187-UO16179, should they be square or round?

On 9/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, bwop2017 said:

I wanna know what and where to find those fender flashers, I have a 1975 IH 766 white panel with black shifters and TA handle. I would like original flashers. I believe they are Hobbs brand. SN:2490187-UO16179, should they be square or round?

Where to find them?  Salvage yards.

Square or round?  I think either are accepted as correct.

Mine started out with cheap aftermarket flashers.  When I restored it, I did some research with the same questions in mind.  I found several sales brochures of different years thinking that would be the answer and all I came up with was more conflicting information.  I even found one brochure (can't remember exactly which one now) that had both styles in the same brochure.  Maybe someone else on here knows the truth by my speculation is IH used which ever one they were getting the best deal on at the time.

I could not find any new ones that were exactly like the originals.  I went to the dealer and they are not the same.  My John Deere 9600 combine has the exact same "correct" flashers on it too so I went to the Deere dealer and still no luck.  They both just have a similar replacement.  I ended up finding some super nice round ones from a salvage yard.  IH and Deere both used them all the way up into the 1990s on various equipment/implements.  Probably others too.  I didn't have much trouble finding them at all.  Even almost pulled a set off of an old round baler.

I did repaint the black on mine and put led bulbs in them with a solid state flasher module running them.  Not much effort to get them looking nicer than brand new cheap ones.  Its worth it.

• 2 months later...

nice lookin 14 great job