Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The serial number on my 15 says it's a 75 but it's a white panel. Even has the place by hyd. Filter for serial number tag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharp 1466, don't forget alternator belt shield. Also 26501 isnt the S/N. Thats the build code. All 1466 start with 26501U#####. the the SN is after the U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 5:44 PM, Long Farms said:

Sharp 1466, don't forget alternator belt shield. Also 26501 isnt the S/N. Thats the build code. All 1466 start with 26501U#####. the the SN is after the U

Wow, I sure didn't know that.  Turns out that mine is a 1972 model then correct?

Complete serial number is 2650116U011274

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job man👍👍👍  looks great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice looking tractor! If you don't mind, what are your hubs from and/or what brand are they? Also, where did you get the bolts for the second set of rear weights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one sharp 14!!!!! Excellent job 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 3:24 PM, Tedb6804 said:

Really nice looking tractor! If you don't mind, what are your hubs from and/or what brand are they? Also, where did you get the bolts for the second set of rear weights?

The hubs are factory IH off of a 4386.

The bolts came from mcmaster.com.  They are not the OEM square headed bolts, just regular hex head, fully threaded 3-1/2" long (92865A849).  I ended up putting three sets of weights on each side and I'm pretty sure I can fit one more but will be really tight with those giant hubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type / brand of lights are in front of fenders? They look BIG. Beautiful tractor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, is what best describes your finished project.  It’s perfect. 

I searched high and low for one of those tool boxes that wasent all beat up. Finally found one and put it on my 560.  I took mine to Line-X and had them spray the inside box area, not the lid. Best tool box ever IMO .

Still looking for one to put on my 1066 but no luck yet.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

What type / brand of lights are in front of fenders? They look BIG. Beautiful tractor 

They are 6" KC Daylighters.  I modified the fronts to mount exactly like the factory lights.  They are awesome.  They look a little out of place but well worth it for the amount of light they put out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

WOW, is what best describes your finished project.  It’s perfect. 

I searched high and low for one of those tool boxes that wasent all beat up. Finally found one and put it on my 560.  I took mine to Line-X and had them spray the inside box area, not the lid. Best tool box ever IMO .

Still looking for one to put on my 1066 but no luck yet.   

If you are talking about the factory toolbox under the right side battery, they are somewhat difficult to find and seem to be expensive when you do find one.  I had to replace the latch on mine but it is nice to know you can get parts for them.  

If you are talking about the one mounted on the left side frame, they still make new ones.  Mine is very old and I had to repair and repaint it but just google search for "Larin MTB-28R".  A buddy of mine recently bought one and is very happy with it.  I'm not sure the quality is exactly the same as the old ones but they aren't bad at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VortecZ said:

 

If you are talking about the one mounted on the left side frame, they still make new ones.  Mine is very old and I had to repair and repaint it but just google search for "Larin MTB-28R".  A buddy of mine recently bought one and is very happy with it.  I'm not sure the quality is exactly the same as the old ones but they aren't bad at all.

 

OMG I had no idea those were still available.

Thanks.

 

By The Way. That red and white is

"Top drawer "   

" First Cabin"

Or in other words beautiful.

I like those better then the black strip version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the front radiator housing/support different? it doesn't look like cast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 8:26 PM, bwop2017 said:

Is the front radiator housing/support different? it doesn't look like cast

It is the original cast piece but I ground it smooth and gave it the same bodyshop treatment as the hoods.

There were some pretty bad casting flaws plus a couple of holes I welded up where someone had mounted some extra lights.  It would have probably been more difficult to give it a factory finish than it was to just smooth it out and make it nicer.  I did the same thing to the areas of the steering post that match up too the hoods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, VortecZ said:

It is the original cast piece but I ground it smooth and gave it the same bodyshop treatment as the hoods.

There were some pretty bad casting flaws plus a couple of holes I welded up where someone had mounted some extra lights.  It would have probably been more difficult to give it a factory finish than it was to just smooth it out and make it nicer.  I did the same thing to the areas of the steering post that match up too the hoods.

Nice touch! Do you have any pics of the steering pedestal?  Radiator housing looks awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't find any good pics of the steering pedestal but there's not a lot to show anyway.  It's just the inch or so of material around the tach and oil/water gauges.  The bezel around the top three gauges is a reproduction piece and it was already pretty smooth but I cleaned it up a little too.  I felt that anything that touches the sheet metal looks better for the finish to match.  It is pretty easy to do and is a nice touch the most people don't notice.

 

This pic probably shows it the best of any that I have.

 

 

08-22-18d.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the steering pedestal....well kinda.  I thought I would bring up the steering wheel.  My original one was pretty badly cracked so I bought a reproduction and was very unhappy with it.  I was disappointed to pull it out of the box and it still had mold flashing all around it and even some mold mis-match alignment issues.  I probably should have sent it back but instead I sanded it down and painted it too.  It turned out really nice but took a lot more work than expected.  I stuck a cheap center cap on it for now but will probably change it to the correct one soon.

08-26-18a.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tractor is beautiful!   I've probably said it before but it's worth repeating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome job!  I love the look of the ten bolt dual hubs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got all the side dressing done yesterday.  Thought I'd throw up a couple pics of the 14 getting her new work clothes dirty.

 

2019d.jpg

2019c.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, VortecZ said:

Got all the side dressing done yesterday.  Thought I'd throw up a couple pics of the 14 getting her new work clothes dirty.

 

2019d.jpg

2019c.jpg

That’s a sweet ride!  Awesome looking tractor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...