Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red tractor fever

Extreme Makeover

Extreme Makeover 756 Style

Bought this thing late last fall. Wasn't in a rush and I told my trucker that. I didn't want salt or brine on it and my trucker had a crawler going to one of the Dakotas and he didn't wanna go there during bad winter months as well. We were all on the same page. Long story short it finally arrived the other day. And the last two weekends we've been giving it it's makeover. I'm hoping to have it together good enough for the Marshalltown show next weekend. I've knowingly made a few mistakes along the way. I used hex head bolts on the fender extensions bolting them to the platform. It currently has two 100 pound suitcase weights hanging on it. I think 75's are correct? And I don't think I'll have time to switch the implement tires out for some rib tires. And the battery might be wrong. I ordered one the other day but it has yet to arrive. And the loader was plumbed into the outlets on the left side of the seat. If I run out of time it might just get a hose put on So I don't loose the fluid. Plugs would be better but time is the issue here. So the correct police might have their comments, but I'm aware. It saved me a trip to town today for 6 bolts. As stated, I'd like it in Marshalltown at the show next weekend. Let me know what you guys think. Do you approve of disapprove of my work? Thanks.

Disclaimer. The first four pictures were taken at the guys place where I bought it. You guys might see some green tractors in the background. He buys and sells all colors. Just wanted to clarify as there are no Junk Deere tractors in my stable. I have a friend that has a saying. I'LL BUY RED TILL I'M DEAD. That pretty much is how I am.

And I'll be adding a few more pictures later. My wife hasn't taken any pictures since the battery tray, weights, and weight bracket have been added.

image 2.jpg

image 1.jpg

image 3.jpg

image 4.jpg

20180722_105559.jpg

20180722_105627.jpg

20180722_105737.jpg

20180722_110501.jpg

20180722_110512.jpg

20180722_110548.jpg

20180722_110942.jpg

20180722_111110.jpg

20180722_111218.jpg

20180722_110959.jpg

20180722_115334.jpg

20180722_121947.jpg

20180722_122526.jpg

20180722_122554.jpg

20180722_122605.jpg

20180722_122927.jpg

20180722_123030.jpg

20180722_123037.jpg

20180722_124925.jpg

20180722_124847.jpg

20180722_141022.jpg

20180722_141036.jpg

20180729_102457.jpg

20180729_102525.jpg

20180729_102555.jpg

You can put whatever size weights on it you want.

Nice. Real good size tractor in good shape like the big rubber on the fronts

Doesn't look bad at all. What all has been done under the front axle for bracing?

Looks great, Waylon!Ā  Looking forward to the show. šŸ˜

Here it is as of about noon today. Called it quits for the day then. Been busy the last several weekends. Took tractors to Oskaloosa one weekend and retrieved them the next. Last weekend we really worked on the 756. This weekend was pet food truck donations and more 756 time. And gotta double up some trucking runs with the show in Marshalltown coming up. Please don't take it as complaining cause I'm not. I've enjoyed it all immensely. Just needed a little down time. So we took it easy this afternoon. Couldn't do to much more anyway. The new battery isn't in yet and the next thing is steps. But I can get on via the back of I run out of time.Ā 

20180729_170255.jpg

20180729_170235.jpg

I've never seen a front axle trussed like that. Reminds me of a truss front the front axle of 4wd trucks that were popular in the 70sĀ 

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Doesn't look bad at all. What all has been done under the front axle for bracing?

A good bath will help it a bunch to. The platform is extremely dirty. As far as the bracing goes. They bent some flat iron in a V as you can see. The round cylindrical thing in the middle, I have no idea what it was in it's first life. Haven't looked at it to close tho. Hopefully someone will know cause I'm curious myself.

The history I got on it is this. It was a lot tractor at a Titan dealership in Minnesota till it closed last year. They sold it to the guy I got it from. I'm assuming with the 8 bolt front hubs and the extra bracing it must've done some heavy lifting.Ā 

2 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Looks great, Waylon!Ā  Looking forward to the show. šŸ˜

Thanks. Looking forward to the show myself. Unfortunately I don't think the picker is coming. Just haven't had time to go mess with it. Have a neat wagon I was gonna put behind to to. But time seems to be flying by lately.šŸ˜  However the red Heiders are coming.šŸ‘

1 minute ago, Eason said:

I've never seen a front axle trussed like that. Reminds me of a truss front the front axle of 4wd trucks that were popular in the 70sĀ 

Those duals are string.

also the loader has a kickstand so it's quick ez on off...

4 minutes ago, Eason said:

That makes two of us. Haven't seen one like that either. Gonna leave it. Should be a good conversation starter at shows and rides.

8 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Those duals are string.

also the loader has a kickstand so it's quick ez on off...

I looked at pictures of those loaders after I bought it. I remember seeing the kick stand in the pictures. When it didn't fall down I went to plan B just to get it off.Ā 

41 minutes ago, red tractor fever said:

I looked at pictures of those loaders after I bought it. I remember seeing the kick stand in the pictures. When it didn't fall down I went to plan B just to get it off.Ā 

They don't fall till it's almost off.

I can hook you up with some steps!Ā  Just 2 bolts per side. šŸ˜

nice straight looking tractor

7 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I can hook you up with some steps!Ā  Just 2 bolts per side. šŸ˜

Terri says "Imagine That" šŸ˜ Actually have a spare set. But man time gets away. The next two nights I'm gonna be busy after we get home. Three wagons need digging out. One I found a flat tire on tonight.šŸ˜  Hopefully my battery comes in and whatever pet food they wanna donate can be delivered. Thursday morning we will drive 4 tractors over with 5 wagons. And in the afternoon haul a load over. I'm praying their aren't any surprises.Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, ny bill o said:

nice straight looking tractor

Thanks. I think it's been hiding in the protection of that loader for a long time.Ā 

Bring the steps and wrenches along. We will bolt em on at the show! šŸ˜

7 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Bring the steps and wrenches along. We will bolt em on at the show! šŸ˜

I gotta admit I had that thought myself. Nothing wrong with tinkering a little. My hope is to have three 756's side by side. One diesel, one gas, and one l.p. And the 656 l.p. next to the 756 l.p. The 756 didn't wanna start in Oskaloosa the other day. Jumped it off Junior's pickup. But it started on its own to unload it here. I wondered if the switch or push button got wet, they had 3 inches of rain. Also gonna check the terminal on the starter to be sure everything is tight. Currently have the battery unhooked just in case theirs a draw on it. The 756 diesel will be driven by a friend. The Navy tractor, the 656 and 756 l.p. will ride on the trailer with this 756 gas providing their aren't any more surprises.šŸ˜

19 minutes ago, red tractor fever said:

I gotta admit I had that thought myself. Nothing wrong with tinkering a little. My hope is to have three 756's side by side. One diesel, one gas, and one l.p. And the 656 l.p. next to the 756 l.p. The 756 didn't wanna start in Oskaloosa the other day. Jumped it off Junior's pickup. But it started on its own to unload it here. I wondered if the switch or push button got wet, they had 3 inches of rain. Also gonna check the terminal on the starter to be sure everything is tight. Currently have the battery unhooked just in case theirs a draw on it. The 756 diesel will be driven by a friend. The Navy tractor, the 656 and 756 l.p. will ride on the trailer with this 756 gas providing their aren't any more surprises.šŸ˜

Sounds as if ya all gone have a good show. Hopefully you can get some pics of them lined up together

If my 856 gas was running, I would bring it along to park next to you. Looking like the 544 hydro, 666 diesel and an Alllis Chalmers wagon are coming along with the new Polaris Ranger XP.Ā  šŸ˜

9 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Sounds as if ya all gone have a good show. Hopefully you can get some pics of them lined up together

It usually is a good show. This year's feature is AC. You should see what happens when IH is the feature. Stuff comes out of the woodwork as they say.Ā 

As far as getting pictures? My wife is the photographer here so that won't be any issue. It's on me to get stuff there and lined up. I requested some pictures myself. Some of these pictures have been in the works for almost a year now. The 756 diesel has been here a few years. The 756 L.P. showed up late last year. It took over a year to make the deal. So then of course we needed a gas to have all three power plants. And this gas was definitely priced right. So we've been working on the gas. Cab and loader had to go so all three will be open station tractors.Ā 

1 minute ago, red tractor fever said:

It usually is a good show. This year's feature is AC. You should see what happens when IH is the feature. Stuff comes out of the woodwork as they say.Ā 

As far as getting pictures? My wife is the photographer here so that won't be any issue. It's on me to get stuff there and lined up. I requested some pictures myself. Some of these pictures have been in the works for almost a year now. The 756 diesel has been here a few years. The 756 L.P. showed up late last year. It took over a year to make the deal. So then of course we needed a gas to have all three power plants. And this gas was definitely priced right. So we've been working on the gas. Cab and loader had to go so all three will be open station tractors.Ā 

Been following your progress on here. You sure done a good job

12 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

If my 856 gas was running, I would bring it along to park next to you. Looking like the 544 hydro, 666 diesel and an Alllis Chalmers wagon are coming along with the new Polaris Ranger XP.Ā  šŸ˜

Maybe next year when IH is the feature you can bring your 856 gas. If I remember correctly it has reverse issues? I'll help get it unloaded in Marshalltown if necessary. We've worked together on many occasion to get things fixed and hauled to where it needs to be. This situation would be no different. We will GET ER DONE!

Teeth are missing on the reverse gear where the park lock engages.Ā  You lose reverse when you reach the broken teeth.

4 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Been following your progress on here. You sure done a good job

Thanks. It's a lot of work but worth it. And it is fun. The other guy in the pictures is another good friend of mine. He's great help on these bigger projects. My wife helped put the fenders on. She gets involved to. She even offered to help with the cab removal. When I asked if she was willing to climb up on the cab she then declined. But no complaints. I let her do as much or as little as she wants.