1586 follow up

gafarm49

I posted earlier about this 1586 I bought off a repo auction. it needed either to crank. well it turns out fresh diesel and new fuel filters is all it needed. the hyd filter was clean, ac works as well as all lights. the digital tach works but is not reading right. the cab mounts are shot, especially the right rear. it needs a headliner. front end is tight. wish me good luck as its definitely not a parts tractor. plans are for some brand new radials for the rear this winter as well as cab mounts and a cab kit

my1586.png

Good deal.I like tractors like that.You buy them, put a little into them and they run. Its like you saved them from the scrapper and made them better. You could put a pile more into them if you want or if you listen to people say do this or that.It could possibly make them better or just make your investment in them more.I like to look at all these nice red tractors fixed up in show room condition.But after a while they all look the same.It is just as interesting to me and appealing to see a original tractor.You see a 4 or 5000 hour one ,faded paint,scratches and maybe a dent.The 10,000,20,000 hour tractors command respect from me.They really seen a lot,good and bad prices,weather, crops.Kids raised on them driving ,learning. I like to figure out why the previous owner fixed this or that the way they did. They are just cool in their work clothes. I guess you could say a painted up tractor is like a Hollywood actress ,you see them at their best but deep down you know they always haven't looked so good.

Archived