• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kevingweq said:

I'm so broke ,,,  I spend nickels like they are manhole covers

Or     If it cost a nickel to get out of town ,,, I could'nt leave my room 😀

My wife will “ squeeze a nickel till the buffalo crap$”

7 hours ago, AKwelder said:

The one that comes to mind is a few old timers we’re talking when someone’s name was brought up, one guy turned to another and said, “that’s right, you don’t like him do you?”

The ole guy took a sip and said, “I wouldn’t pi$$ down his throat If his heart was on fire!”  Not much grey area there, I laughed so hard

other favorites are

****#d up like Leroy’s fishing line

Harder than a whores heart

S.C. version: "  I wouldn't pixx up his axx if his guts was on fire".

I have always liked the old UK  reason for the name of the band,      "Three Dog Night"

Named after a saying,  Its so cold tonight its going to take three dogs to keep warm.

I use it a lot in the winter here in Nebraska.

Just now, edwardporter1 said:

I thought it to be hair grease

You may be right.  I would like to know for sure.  Hair grease would be better.  Gives a better visual image of some idiot getting the two confused, doesn't it?

Just now, rsscott said:

You may be right.  I would like to know for sure.  Hair grease would be better.  Gives a better visual image of some idiot getting the two confused, doesn't it?

I looked it up.  It was a popular brand of boot polish made until 1960.

My granddad use to say about a crook or person with a generally poor character, "If people like that go to Heaven then H#ll will grow up with hogweeds." He also had a great dislike for the crooked televangelist, even though he attended church regularly  and would say "Don't be worried about going to H#ll, you won't be able to get close to the fire for all the preachers."

Freeze the balls off a brass monkey. Cannon balls were stacked on a triangle made of brass that was called a monkey when it got cold enough

The brass monkey  contract  a the balls would fall off.

Raining harder than a cow pis_ing on a flat rock,  busy-ier than a 3 legged cat with diareha, smoother than a baby's bisquit,  older than Moses, tighter than a whiperwill's  a__ hole in choke cherry season, ---  Ken Ryan

Move over a corn row....

Quicker than 3 shakes of a lambs tail...

Nervous as a whore in church....

Colder than a witches tit...in a brass bra...

Hotter than a snakes a$$ in a wagon rut...

Runs like a raped ape...

Runs like greased owl s4!t...

Happier than a hog in slop..

Nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...

And......if the sentence starts with "_______, bless his/her heart..." then the next line will be talking some s4!t...

'trying to roll a turd'

We got some liquid spray material delivered in 200 litre (44 Imp gallons) plastic drums.  I fitted a valve on the 2 inch outlet hole, and had to flip them on their sides to decant the liquid into a bucket.  I made a stand to hold these drum laying on their sides, with a ramp to roll them from ground level onto the stand. 
Trying to do this with these plastic drums was a mission.  They tended to be quite floppy, and was a real pain to roll.

So my Dad comes and helps me. 

His comments after we'd gotten the drum into position:  Sheez!  It's like trying to roll a turd!

She fell outta the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down 😀

He likes to blow his own horn .

Kinda like the mosquito floating down the river on his back ,  Hollering raise the bridge !!

On 7/24/2018 at 4:05 PM, B.B. said:

In a professional meeting several years ago I was presenting a topic to about 75-100 colleges I once said "that's as worthless as tits on a boar hog!"  Now I grew up hearing that phrase often, and it just rolled off my tongue so easy, but the minute it did I was instantly embarrassed and everyone got a good laugh.   I'm 100% positive 90% of the room hadn't ever heard that one, but when you grow up with hogs on the farm it becomes part of your vocabulary! :)

Makes for a good story these days! :P 

My dad used to say that a lot. Another thing they used to say in German but looses some of its meaning in English. It was something like this translated to English ( for money you can have sugar blown up your ass) which loosely translated for money you can have anything done even if it is not acceptable. Like I said looses a lot in translation.

Archived