Sign in to follow this  
560Dennis

Walked out the ER tonight , lucky to be here

I was cut off by lady coming out of work . I locked up the Honda scooter , lost control and rolled to stop on the asphalt . She took off but witnesses I'd, her. 

Im ground up a and elbow got ripped open to the bone , 3 stitches .  My hip , got ice pack on it . 

Got good care from civilians and ets . Had seven of ears working me looking me over at hospital . Got great care. 

They all said I'm going to hurt tomorrow . Rather hurt and be alive. 

• Sad 1

Dang man! Glad your still with us. Sorry you had a bad nite tho.

Glad you are ok. Never can be to carefull. 

Ouch!!!!  Thank God you're still here, He must have good reason to keep you around yet :-)  I hope you heal as fast as a 20 year old!

Glad you are still with us, and praying for a speedy recovery!! 

Thats scary but lucky you can walk away from it. The two wheelers usually lose in a situation like that. Another distracted driver maybe? There are a lot of them these days. 

glad to hear that your ok. .Praying for a speedy recovery. I know what your feeling been there only differ is I laid my bike after hitting a deer running 70 mph back in 83. Walked away with elbow tore uo and broken right waist . Take care glad to hear your ok.

1 hour ago, 560Dennis said:

Glad to hear that you are still able to hurt.  I.E., alive!

I had two (2) close calls at the beginning of the month.  One was in front of my barn a red compact car came zinging by at such a high rate of speed that I almost got clipped.  I bruised up both legs diving out of the way.  I would have thought that it was a tourist visitor from elsewhere until I found out that it was a neighbor's son/son's girlfriend.  Easily 30 (or more) MPH over the 30 MPH limit in front of my barn and on the wrong side of the road as though they intentionally swerved towards me.

Then the next day a gal, who works for my wife's former boss, almost clipped me at my mailbox.  When she went back by I hailed her and asked her to please slow down.  She told me that she did not have time to slow because she was busy.  Too busy to obey the speed limit and PERHAPS give a currently LIVING human being the courtesy of not blowing there hat off?

Tuesday morning I went to a neighbor's farm to help him get his new to him combine ready.  On the way there I ended up flagging traffic for a few hours because the delivery truck in front was struck by a car whose sole occupant put more value upon interacting with their phone than steering their Jeep.

1 hour ago, Thesd5488 said:

Good to hear hope she gets what’s coming

May the dust from combining 100,000 acres of oats with an open station cause them to itch for a month.

Good to hear Your going to be fine !

Sorry this had to happen!

Hope they caught her and let us know how she fairs with law in hit and run.

Tony

Glad your going to be ok, 2 yrs ago I lost a nephew who was riding in Omaha to a guy who ran a red light. Hope they throw the book at her. Something needs to be done about distracted/poor driving, it is getting so dangerous out on the roads. The people who pull out in front of me or pass on hills or around curves when I'm in the fuel transport is getting ridiculous.

Glad you are OK! Keep us posted on the outcome.

dennis, glad you weren't hurt worse. heal fast.

Glad you  will be OK.

Rick

I`m know bikes are fun/inexpensive transportation as I used to spend LOTS of time on top of them till I ended up under one after being hit by a Caprice.

Glad to hear you survived this Dennis. 

Stay safe now!

10 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I had two (2) close calls at the beginning of the month.  One was in front of my barn a red compact car came zinging by at such a high rate of speed that I almost got clipped.  I bruised up both legs diving out of the way.  I would have thought that it was a tourist visitor from elsewhere until I found out that it was a neighbor's son/son's girlfriend.  Easily 30 (or more) MPH over the 30 MPH limit in front of my barn and on the wrong side of the road as though they intentionally swerved towards me.

Then the next day a gal, who works for my wife's former boss, almost clipped me at my mailbox.  When she went back by I hailed her and asked her to please slow down.  She told me that she did not have time to slow because she was busy.  Too busy to obey the speed limit and PERHAPS give a currently LIVING human being the courtesy of not blowing there hat off?

Tuesday morning I went to a neighbor's farm to help him get his new to him combine ready.  On the way there I ended up flagging traffic for a few hours because the delivery truck in front was struck by a car whose sole occupant put more value upon interacting with their phone than steering their Jeep.

May the dust from combining 100,000 acres of oats with an open station cause them to itch for a month.

You know the "three strikes-you're out' rule--right?  Maybe time to lay off that form of transportation.  I think a call to your local or State Constabulary reporting your smart mouthed neighbor might get them out there to monitor her speeding.  They would rather write tickets to people with a bad attitude than to write them to contrite people that just made a mistake.  Intentional ignorance of the law is much more satisfying to correct.

Glad you're well, gotta ride like you're invisible and watch for those cage drivers.  BK

18 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

You need some nail strips to throw down in front of them😳

20 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

I was cut off by lady coming out of work . I locked up the Honda scooter , lost control and rolled to stop on the asphalt . She took off but witnesses I'd, her. 

Im ground up a and elbow got ripped open to the bone , 3 stitches .  My hip , got ice pack on it . 

Got good care from civilians and ets . Had seven of ears working me looking me over at hospital . Got great care. 

For every a- hole there are 10 saints😇

Glad you’re sore and breathing rather than...

My pulling tractor helmet and googles ,  I got from tractor supply held up pretty good , no complaints . 

The honda is road rash, I say in this case Big Red is needs a few stitches to . I got it out of storage wrecker yesterday .  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg