Sign in to follow this  
Driver1

Prayers for Iowa

Our thoughts and prayers to the people of South central ,southeast Iowa.. Reports of 100 + people injured at the Vermeer plants in Pella,the Lenox plant in Marshalltown also hit Praying that Arron and Dan and their families are safe. Tornado s hit bonduant,Ia and mvoed south east heading to Keokuk area.

• Thanks 1

I hadn't heard any numbers yet. Yikes! Marshalltown hit pretty hard also sounds like. Took top of the clocktower of their courthouse. Pics from my drive home, these are near Mitchellville Iowa taken facing south as we drove east on I80. Nothing compared to whats on the news tho.

20180719_152604.jpg

20180719_152336.jpg

20180719_153313.jpg

Prayers for everyone impacted  by the storms.  It seems like weather extremes are becoming more of a norm.

A friend stopped here awhile ago. His mom works at Lennox. She is fine. They aren't sure where her vehicle is. The vets home had some damage but no one hurt. Emailed a friend that lives near the vets home. She faired out pretty good. Some of her neighbors not so good. And I sent a text to a customer of mine. Their business is a block north of the courthouse. My trailer is fine but their building not so good was the reply I got. Wife found online 9800 without power. Wanna go check it out but they're asking people to stay away and have set a curfew of 9:00pm. I offered help to both my friend and customer. That's all I can tell you for now.

Local news reports Pella hospital says they recieved 7 patients with minor injuries from Vermeer corp.

Govenor on news now says there were 500 people at vermeer for customer appreciation days.... miracle not more hurt.

Thoughts and prayers for all affected. 

There were six confirmed tornadoes by Monroe and two more by Prairie City. There are no damage reported in those areas at this time.

My family and I are safe and well. Thank you for your thoughts. We watched the tornado that hit Bondurant pass south and east of of the salvage yard I work at in Colfax.

I do have family and many close friends in Marshalltown area, because of our involvement in the antique power club there. My Uncle lives in the northwest corner of Marshalltown and sustained minor damage.

2 minutes ago, kal said:

There were six confirmed tornadoes by Monroe and two more by Prairie City. There are no damage reported in those areas at this time.

Wow hadn't heard that either..

54 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I hadn't heard any numbers yet. Yikes! Marshalltown hit pretty hard also sounds like. Took top of the clocktower of their courthouse. Pics from my drive home, these are near Mitchellville Iowa taken facing south as we drove east on I80. Nothing compared to whats on the news tho.

20180719_152604.jpg

20180719_152336.jpg

20180719_153313.jpg

Wow...thanks for sharing.

https://m.facebook.com/combinesharvestersthreshers

Down a little ways there is pictures/film of Marshaltown and Pella tornado 

Bad deal. Just glad no one was killed. 

Talked to friend at Pella he said it wrecked most of the cars in the Vermeer parking lot and two of the building 

5 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

Prayers for everyone impacted  by the storms.  It seems like weather extremes are becoming more of a norm.

Tornadoes are a regular summer thing. It doesnt seem to be any more extreme than other years. It is just that the whole world hears about it instantly. We had a little one here a couple weeks ago...

I feel bad for those that had damage but glad to hear no fatalities. I was kinda wishing we would have got a shot of rain over this way but glad we missed all the rough stuff that came with it.

Pray for ya all .

life can change in an instant

Mother Nature can be a b!tch...

Found out this morning from a buddy that another former coworkers wife had just got off work at Vermeer and picked up her grand daughter at onsite daycare. Her son called her and told her they had been told to go to shelter and to get back inside. She is fine but saw pics of her Ford Escape on its side in the parking lot. Thank goodness her son called her!