Sign in to follow this  
Baradium

Converting a boomless sprayer to have a boom

Has anyone put a boom on a boomless sprayer?  

I have a 250 gallon sprayer with a boomjet 5880 boomless nozzle setup on it.   I'm just not a big fan of the boomless setup and with any wind the spray pattern just isn't reliable at all.   It looks like the sprayer has brackets if it was ordered with a boom, but I don't even know what make or model it is.   I'm probably just failing at searching, but I haven't really had any luck coming across just generic boom arms.  I don't mind losing width to get a more reliable spray. 

sprayer1.JPG

sprayer2.jpg

I have done this. I just  weld up some brackets and bolt a boom on. I don't know where you can buy a boom. I have found them cheap at auctions but they can be built from square tubing and various parts from shoup or some other farm supplier. Thx-Ace

Check out Paul B ( used to be Zimmerman ) and Iva mfg,?

They manufacture sprayers . Maybe you can get a complete boom 

Get a kit and clamp the brackets onto some square tubing. There are clamps for various size tubing so watch that. I would recommend 1 1/4" tubing for a boom. Look at a Teejet chart to get the right tips depending on speed,pressure and nozzle spacing to get the right tips.

AgSpray has booms in various widths.  I bought a 28' a couple years ago, seems like the complete setup w/ nozzles and all was about $700.  It would be easy for you to fab up some brackets to attach the boom.  Their website is www.agspray.com.  I don't know what shipping to Alaska will cost, though...

This is what we have done. We also built one similar that is 20 foot that folds eith banding nozzles

20180721_082816.jpg

20180721_082834.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, Ih78 said:

This is what we have done. We also built one similar that is 20 foot that folds eith banding nozzles

That's really similar to what we want to do, a folding setup with probably tighter spaced nozzles.   I need to figure out what nozzles to use and spacing though.  Where did you get nozzles at?

Schaben had them in their catalog couple years ago but I'm having trouble finding it now

We have a local chemical dealer that we get our sprayer parts from. The other boom that we built has teejet 11002 tips that I think are 20 inches apart

11 hours ago, Baradium said:

That's really similar to what we want to do, a folding setup with probably tighter spaced nozzles.   I need to figure out what nozzles to use and spacing though.  Where did you get nozzles at?

Would the spacing be based on the nozzle angle?  So at X inches above the ground an angle of Y the spray would cover a given width, so that’s your spacing?

and I would guess our best source of nozzles is either Northern tool or Amazon. 

9 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Would the spacing be based on the nozzle angle?  So at X inches above the ground an angle of Y the spray would cover a given width, so that’s your spacing?

and I would guess our best source of nozzles is either Northern tool or Amazon. 

Usually if you have 20" spacing between the nozzles it's supposed to be 20" above the ground or crop

• Thanks 1