lorenzo

So ya think you can run a bobcat?

Now that took lots of practice!

I have trouble keeping mine ON 4 wheels!

Maybe I`ll snug my lap belt on, put my motorcycle helmet on and try some of that tonight!

Same here...  I was loading hay the other day on my gooseneck on the top or double stacking. Well after a few hundred bales you get pretty quick at it. So I was backing up full speed after setting the bale off with my loader arms up high. Needless to say there was a small ditch behind me I didn’t even know about. I did some bucking and spinning trying to keep it on all 4. Heck I might be able to get a job with this cat. 😎

Must be the Bobcat was bought used and spent the first part of its life bedding freestalls. Even though it doesn't have a bucket load of sand it still drives on two wheels. 

That's impressive for sure.  

Impressive and skillful yes. However- I wonder what type of damage the engine may be incurring from operating at such angles for such prolonged periods of time? What I mean is potential for oil starvation if the pick up tube isn’t getting any oil?  Or what about battery acid spillage? I guess he has taken some sort of steps to prevent such problems? 

I had the same thought on being starved for oil. At those severe angles it can't be getting much. 

I'm pretty handy with a skid loader. Got some pallet forks that attach to the bucket. So it gets plenty of use. But I wouldn't try going up and over like that on two wheels. 

I did that once------------

TOTALLY by accident------scared me to DEATH!!!!!!!!!!

:o:lol:

Mike

9 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Impressive and skillful yes. However- I wonder what type of damage the engine may be incurring from operating at such angles for such prolonged periods of time? What I mean is potential for oil starvation if the pick up tube isn’t getting any oil?  Or what about battery acid spillage? I guess he has taken some sort of steps to prevent such problems? 

8 hours ago, red tractor fever said:

I had the same thought on being starved for oil. At those severe angles it can't be getting much. 

I'm pretty handy with a skid loader. Got some pallet forks that attach to the bucket. So it gets plenty of use. But I wouldn't try going up and over like that on two wheels. 

Probably has a dry sump oiling system for the engine.

Maintenance free battery. Mine came new with one. Couple quarts of extra oil in the crankcase too. Might of been a rental for demonstrating purposes

36 minutes ago, edwardporter1 said:

Maintenance free battery. Mine came new with one. Couple quarts of extra oil in the crankcase too. Might of been a rental for demonstrating purposes

Or a rental being used like the Shelby GT350 Mustangs that Hertz once had.

Seems like there must be weight in the bottom front or something?  How could one ever use a loader that tips front that easy?  Pretty incredible though.

I imagine the counter weights have been removed and maybe a lighter back door?

That looks like fun.Gonna have to borrow my buddies Bobcat for a while...shh..dont tell him about this video....😂

• Haha 1

Fluid in front tires maybe also?

On 7/18/2018 at 1:30 PM, MTO said:

Now that took lots of practice!

I have trouble keeping mine ON 4 wheels!

Maybe I`ll snug my lap belt on, put my motorcycle helmet on and try some of that tonight!

Image result for jack nicholson easy rider

• Haha 1

this is an interview with this guy....neat cat.  It sounds he began doing this stuff for practical purposes for his landscaping business

If you watch Redneck`s video, guy states Bobcat is COMPLETELY stock!

4 hours ago, MTO said:

If you watch Redneck`s video, guy states Bobcat is COMPLETELY stock!

I stand corrected.  I assumed it was modified.  That guy just has unbelieveable skill.  Pretty neat.

Years ago, I recall seeing a guy "playing" with a Bobcat during the pulls at the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville. He had one of those twin blade track graders on it and would run most of the way down the track on either the front or back wheels. I thought that the guys who were on the tractors grading probably were wishing he would quit playing and help out, but it was entertaining. This was probably late 80's. Any else remember this? Probably this kid's dad??

It's very easy to tip them forward like that on a small skid steer. We have a 313 deere at work that it doesn't take much to be on just the front tires. The bigger they are, the harder it is to do.

With that being said, that guy is very skilled to be able to do that! Quite an impressive show

My claim to fame on a skid steer on a RR maintenance project was I high centered it on a stump in the weeds . Easy to do you say. Easy to get off, right? I can't get it off using the bucket. So the regular operator says let me on it, I'll get it off.  Nope, he can't either. Tried various things, blocks (old ties), nope just rocks on the stump.  Finally had to get the work train to pull up and with a chain pull it off the stump. I believe that was my last time on one, lol. It had foot and hand controls, I just couldn't get my hands and feet to work together. Put my 14 year old one and off he went like he's been running one for years.:)