T.B.O.P.

IHRunner

Did some micro ficchin last night with the folds of honor poles. Only 50° here but them wee tings was biting.

Dae cast into the same spot 30 times. Got 30 ficch. Im not gonna post all the stupid. Trout we're still catching.

0429191759a.jpg

0429191802.jpg

0429191802a.jpg

0429191804a.jpg

0429191812a.jpg

0429191814.jpg

• Like 1

Quick BTW

Dae's sweater reads "Kiichi Chaos"

Its the nickname of the lead singer from the heavy metal band Trivium. Full name is Matt Kiichi Heafy. Hes a Japanese American mixed bag of talent.

Dae is mostly 99.99% in love with him. Introduced her to their music a few years ago and now its all she listens to. 

So here a quick one from the boys lol.

fat trout stocking up for summer.

Bluegill. 

And an odd trade. Dae was reeling in a trout. Pulled it up. And her other pole went off. So she puts him back down in the water. When she reeled him back in...there was a bluegill on it.

0430191756a.jpg

0430191756b.jpg

0430191801.jpg

0430191805a.jpg

0430191805b.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

Odd, i did get that tattoo, same length and everything. But mine is...more centered...

A daily disappointment.....?

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, krich said:

Let me know how you like those quantum reels runner. I'm looking at getting a couple new reels but not sure what I want. 

We use mostly quantum now. Dae uses a lot of japanese reels still. But the American styled baitcasters have a wider thumb bar for my fat hands. Quantum is also based Oklahoma so parts get here fast. I run the throttle combo's which are budget versions of their pro shop stuff. Dae runs all pro tuned stuff. But shes a wee ting and needs light well designed gear.

Her finesse setup is the quantum s3 energy spinning reel and a custom cut prism rod. 

Her new baitcaster setup is the Tour/Tour setup, and its wayyy to spensive. But its super nice.

She also uses Pfluger President spinning reels. Daiwa reels. 

The Shimano DC151 Digital baitcaster. Lews speed spool. Favourite rod and 13Origin reel. Daiwa Tatula and Quantum Accurist Rod.

So we have a mix bag of schtuff. 

But the tendancy is to move towards Quantum. Their Prism rods have won Dae over after she landed her PB Bass on it.

9 minutes ago, krich said:

I've always used Zebco spincast reels growing up. Quantum is owned by Zebco right?  I'd rather stick with merican made.  

I don't believe any company besides Ardent and Apex make American reels anymore. All baitcaster and spinning reels come from China and surrounding nations. Even the big Japanese chest thumping companies get their stuff made in China. However. Quantums custom stuff is American made and everything is assembled and tested here on their performance tuned stuff. 

I'm with you though. Still an American company who supports American fishermen from all walks of life. From their 20$ Optix to their 350$ magnesium baitcaster. 

If you still like Spincast reels like me you might go check out the Omega pro combo and zebco bullet combo. Professional spin cast reels with nice nice nice poles. 

I'm super excited to try all the new stuff this year so I'll keep you posted. Dae and I have a Minor contract out so we will be ordering new gear every week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IHRunner said:

I don't believe any company besides Ardent and Apex make American reels anymore. All baitcaster and spinning reels come from China and surrounding nations. Even the big Japanese chest thumping companies get their stuff made in China. However. Quantums custom stuff is American made and everything is assembled and tested here on their performance tuned stuff. 

I'm with you though. Still an American company who supports American fishermen from all walks of life. From their 20$ Optix to their 350$ magnesium baitcaster. 

If you still like Spincast reels like me you might go check out the Omega pro combo and zebco bullet combo. Professional spin cast reels with nice nice nice poles. 

I'm super excited to try all the new stuff this year so I'll keep you posted. Dae and I have a Minor contract out so we will be ordering new gear every week.

Yeah we've been using the omega pro spincasts for years they seem to hold up good. About 80 bucks for them now. I've used spinning and baitcasters too but looking to get some better ones of those. 

• Like 1

Hey Ol Runner i can only imagine what you and your ladies diaper bag will look like someday when you are out at the lake fishing with the little one by your side. Remember never say never