nepoweshiekfarmalls

Last of 2017 soybean crop

We ran out of bin space last fall, so 3 wagon loads of soybeans spent the winter in the machine shed. Dad and I emptied the bins out already, so these beans were ready to go to town.( Before You comment, town is twelve miles away and a couple of the tires would not survive the trip!)  So, we set up and dumped them on the truck.

20180707_114032.jpg

20180707_120113.jpg

20180707_113743.jpg

20180707_113722.jpg

It looks like you got along better than I did loading the last few beans.   I spent too much time in the bin with a contrary sweep auger that kept throwing the belt.

One of the perils of working alone.

IMG_4288 (600 x 450).jpg

I bet it feels good to be done with it. 

10 hours ago, Mark (EC,IN) said:

It looks like you got along better than I did loading the last few beans.   I spent too much time in the bin with a contrary sweep auger that kept throwing the belt.

IMG_4288 (600 x 450).jpg

Dad is in great shape yet (He is 71), but I don't think about the day he cannot farm anymore, scares me too much.

Enjoy working with dad while you can. Mine came out to help on the farm until he was 88 years old. Sure do miss him.

Nice to see a 1206 being used, lots of them are parade tractors now. 

I am thankful for all the time I have to work with Dad.  He loves the 1206. We use it on the planter and to sidedress nitrogen on the corn. Still earns its keep on our farm!😊

15 hours ago, Mark (EC,IN) said:

IMG_4288 (600 x 450).jpg

It will shake down. On the plus side at least you're not heavy on the steer axle.