Bubba_LA

Just bought this old girl and looking for info

Hey guys,

I recently purchased this R190 series truck from a junk yard. The truck use to be used as a dairy truck in Athens Louisiana. I am trying to figure out what year model the truck it and I have looked at the Wisconsin’s serial number list but with no luck. I am thinking the FD in the serial number is meaning it was made in the Fort Wayne plant. The truck is set up with a 406 to run off propane. Is this a factory option? I have read where I think they are offered from the factory to run of of LP.

Model R 195 A

serial # FD 34339 F

W.B. 142

Any info would be greatly aprreciated. My plans are to blow the truck apart and put a modern running gear under it like a 2007 F550 4X4 with a 12v Cummins I have already rebuilt looking for a home. 

Thanks guys,

Bubba 

8F26833B-469A-40DB-B249-B8F687EF9B7A.jpeg

231A04E3-272E-4B5E-B4E1-4F4DF47ED7E4.jpeg

BE2FD3B2-AB11-443B-90B9-0F599F18E837.jpeg

074E7D43-D124-47DE-BA4F-D01A1C110374.jpeg

C7A70E5C-D324-4A15-B9C9-477483E1FC6A.jpeg

• Like 1

That is in really good shape. Definitly built I Ft. Wayne. IH would build a truck to customer specs so that is most likely came from the factory that way. If you could get the line ticket it would tell you. There is a saying that Harvester built three million trucks and none of them are the same. Looks like a fun project, keep us posted on progress.

Dennis

51 minutes ago, jingles1928 said:

There is a saying that Harvester built three million trucks and none of them are the same. 

Dennis

Mr. Goodwrench, head of the repair shop for the company I drove for was the first to tell me that.  His prior job was Service Shop Manager for Riverside IH truck dealer in Davenport, Iowa.  He sure would have known!

My 1959 r190 fire truck has the FD prefix in the serial number.  Always thought it meant fire truck. Are they any extra switches or hole where lites might have been mounted. I see the extra spotlights on the roof.

On second look at pic. They are horns

Thanks guys for the replies. I will definetly keep y’all updated as the build process goes on. I plan on trying to sell the running gear (motor, trans, rearend) if there is any interest in this items. I guess the best place to put this will be on the parts forum? 

Thanks