Sign in to follow this  
450diesel

Diskbine hydraulic hose hook up question

Ok,  I have a New Holland 408 Diskbine that I want to hookup to a Kubota M8200. The Kubota has one rear hydraulic lever in the cab with two quick disconnect fittings on the back of the tractor. When I push the lever all the way forward I can feel what I would call a detent or float option . Please keep in mind that I am going from a Farmall 450 to this Kubota. My question is,  there is one hydraulic hose coming from the Diskbine that lifts and lowers the cutter head,  will I be fine hooking into one of the two fittings? Eric

I would say yes it will be fine. Your manual may tell you which port to use for a single acting cylinder. Though either one should work 

Matt

1 minute ago, cm228 said:

I would say yes it will be fine. Your manual may tell you which port to use for a single acting cylinder. Though either one should work 

Matt

Thanks Matt. I have a Manual on order just don't have it yet. Eric

Hook it up to the one that raises it when pulling the lever back, forward to lower and float

3 minutes ago, bitty said:

Hook it up to the one that raises it when pulling the lever back, forward to lower and float

Thank you. I'll try this tomorrow. Eric

39 minutes ago, bitty said:

That should work fine for you. I had a Gehl Discbine that was only one hose and I hooked it up to my 806 like that and it worked fine ran it like that 3 years. 

Yep, like those two above me said. Push lever down into float when you're cutting so the head can float on the skid shoes when it needs to.

6 hours ago, Wes806 said:

That should work fine for you. I had a Gehl Discbine that was only one hose and I hooked it up to my 806 like that and it worked fine ran it like that 3 years. 

Thank you. Eric

6 hours ago, ZachGrant said:

Yep, like those two above me said. Push lever down into float when you're cutting so the head can float on the skid shoes when it needs to.

Thank you. Eric