Sign in to follow this  
Bermuda_Ken

Ron Berlage--Pilot Knob Restoration/Parts

FYI....for those who may not have heard....Ron Berlage of Pilot Knob Parts/Restorations of Galena, IL. passed on July 4th after a battle with cancer.  His son Andy will continue to run the business along with his Blackjack Machine Shop.   Ron was a good friend and a great person of IH details.  His IH restorations were always first class.   He  will be missed.

• Sad 1

Sorry to of this. He was a good guy.

He was always the first I would call.He will be missed.

Ron was one of the best. Worked with him last year as a Roundup vendor. Purchased a lot of parts from him too.

He was one of the first guys in the USA I brought parts from for first my M then my H.

I first had Red power magazine back in 1998 after one of my  trips to the USA and before I ever had internet I seen his ads in there. Gave him an overseas call and he sent me his little folded red booklet , think I sent a US Dollar money via air mail order for the first order.

Sounds alot of work to get parts in modern times with internet and credit cards!

Mind you I have spoken to Ken a few times and ordered parts over the time when his was at C&G. Still good to have a real voice on a phone and the personel touch that sitting clicking on a web site.

Great guy missed.

I have also brought parts from Ron at RPRU's over last couple years.  2016,  I was in Dyersville for the National farm toy show.  Had a list of parts,  so drove over to his place.  Very nice shop!  For a working building,  could eat off the floor there.  Hope the Andy does well!  A big loss for his family & our IH family.  RIP Ron.

This is very sad news. Ordered many parts from them, good people, excellent service. My prayers and condolences to the family.