Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

MTO, Dont do this by accident.

Thanks to PennDot salt/CC, have had this happen to a Ford Ranger. That`ll pucker a guy up...

Image result for truck breaks when lifted

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

MTO, you're losing it. I'm pretty sure thats a Toyota lol

• Haha 1

Just now, TheIHMan said:

MTO, you're losing it. I'm pretty sure thats a Toyota lol

He means he had it happen to a Ford Ranger.

Just now, lorenzo said:

He means he had it happen to a Ford Ranger.

yeah I realized that after I posted it, originally thought that was a picture he took

2 minutes ago, TheIHMan said:

yeah I realized that after I posted it, originally thought that was a picture he took

Yea, those of us that are "losing it"  always think it's the other guy that is "losing it".

• Haha 1

yeah, that shop in the pic has an unstained floor/lift/toolboxes. 

Ain`t much work done there. 

Not even any torch craters in the cement!

Rookies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That'll buff right out!!!

Mike

• Haha 1

Maybe a 2 post lift isnt always the best idea.........lol

LOL!  And the body doesn't even look that bad!  Bolt a tie plate on the frame and sell it to the next sucker!

Tell the people with the failures to reinforce the frames with some 2X6 yellow pine from Home Depot.

Once years ago we shortened the chassis of a 56 Plymouth car be sectioning out a section of the frame on either side and used some 3X4 oak pushed into the box frame and through bolted with 2 bolts per side.  We sorted out that the car was pushed forward by the rear wheels so the frame would always be compressed when moving forward.  It did sag a little when jacked up near the junction but was used for at least 2 years in that configuration.

Have had  mid/late 90s Dodge 2500s break beside fuel tank, late 90s/early 2000s Rangers snap in two just ahead of rear spring support and late 90s/early 2000s GMs break right at the  torsion bar rear crossmember. 

Have fixed quite a few but can cause liability issues. 

Now if I could fab/weld like Finney and some of you other excellent fabbers...

Guy on another website I don't go to anymore was bragging about how great it was his Toyota dealer was replacing the frame because of rust on his 9-10 year old Toyota.  He couldn't comprehend the fact that My F-250 was about 18 years old and survived 18 Wisconsin winters and had very little rust except on the leaf springs and drive shafts that didn't get the Auto-Armor treatment.  

But other guys convinced him to do what all hard working American Men would do,  Trade his old rusty Toyota in on a brand new Toyota!

Two guys, impact tools, an assortment of clips and clamps, and all the old rusty brake lines, emergency brake cables, fuel lines and about 30-32 total hours of labor, 15-16 hrs per guy and he had his new free frame.  The were well practiced, lots of experience.

9 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Guy on another website I don't go to anymore was bragging about how great it was his Toyota dealer was replacing the frame because of rust on his 9-10 year old Toyota.  He couldn't comprehend the fact that My F-250 was about 18 years old and survived 18 Wisconsin winters and had very little rust except on the leaf springs and drive shafts that didn't get the Auto-Armor treatment.  

But other guys convinced him to do what all hard working American Men would do,  Trade his old rusty Toyota in on a brand new Toyota!

Two guys, impact tools, an assortment of clips and clamps, and all the old rusty brake lines, emergency brake cables, fuel lines and about 30-32 total hours of labor, 15-16 hrs per guy and he had his new free frame.  The were well practiced, lots of experience.

Excuse the mud but this is 359,000 and 17 years on a Dodge.... Gotta love what very little salt does....

Yes assembly sticker is legible 

0711181114.jpg

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

Excuse the mud but this is 359,000 and 17 years on a Dodge.... Gotta love what very little salt does....

Yes assembly sticker is legible 

0711181114.jpg

I sure hope my new Ram 1500 lasts 17 years. At the rate I'm running up the miles it will have about 100,000 on it by then.

Welcome to northeast Ohio ️Or anywhere they salt the roads ️It s a fact

7 hours ago, MTO said:

Thanks to PennDot salt/CC, have had this happen to a Ford Ranger. That`ll pucker a guy up...

Image result for truck breaks when lifted

Chevy Would be my first opinion 

My scout bodies may rust away. But with a bucket i can keep on driving long after ye lads it appears. 

5 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Thing of it is a lot of that Ford or GM (can't count the Dodge/Ram it's really just another foreign company building vehicles here in the states) have a lot of parts made in Mexico or China. Couple of years ago a daughter in law was here for a couple of days with grand kids. Water pump went on her GM car (they bought it new). I replaced it had Made In China on the body of the old pump.

Yep Dodge/Ram may be made in the US but it's just another foreign owned car maker doing that now just like Toyota and others.

Rick

Sorta changing the subject here-----but still with great concern for MTO.

I read on Fox News that a woman and her automobile mechanic were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning her garage by the woman's husband.

She was paying for her "service work" with sex------the serviceman was collecting his fee------and the car was apparently repaired and left running.

That's a bad combination MTO.  Be sure and take the caution to turn the engine off before collecting the bill for your service work!!!!!😨

This was actually reported on Fox News today-------so glad to see it was not our friend MTO!!!

Da husband sayed:  "dat she wuz laid out--------and he wuz laid out". 

My thoughts on this story-----Luckily he didn't have to shoot either one of them;  and the automobile was fixed.  So the husband got a good deal.

😁😂

DD

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Delta Dirt said:

Sorta changing the subject here-----but still with great concern for MTO.

I read on Fox News that a woman and her automobile mechanic were found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning her garage by the woman's husband.

She was paying for her "service work" with sex------the serviceman was collecting his fee------and the car was apparently repaired and left running.

That's a bad combination MTO.  Be sure and take the caution to turn the engine off before collecting the bill for your service work!!!!!😨

This was actually reported on Fox News today-------so glad to see it was not our friend MTO!!!

Da husband sayed:  "dat she wuz laid out--------and he wuz laid out". 

My thoughts on this story-----Luckily he didn't have to shoot either one of them;  and the automobile was fixed.  So the husband got a good deal.

😁😂

DD

Happiness for all involved it seems DD. That`s rare.

Yeah, it can be a struggle keeping the "books" clean and straight sometimes. 

But I hear the pool guys have more trouble collecting cash than mechanics...and that`s why I have NO pool.

attractive-couple-handsome-muscular-male-sexy-woman-relaxing-near-pool-swimming-enjoying-vacation-women-113554283.jpg

Took my truck to the dealer to get it serviced when we were working in St. Louis. Told them its heavy, they said no problem. While sitting in the waiting room heard a boom. Service manager came out and said we need to talk. Went back to service area, 2 post lift, chain on left side broke. There hung my truck, drivers door about 1" from the post. They had to get a rigging company to get it down.

On 7/11/2018 at 5:45 PM, oldtanker said:

Yep Dodge/Ram may be made in the US but it's just another foreign owned car maker doing that now just like Toyota and others.

Rick

Yeah, maybe.  But my truck was built in Warren, Michigan, by a UAW workforce making a livable wage with decent benefits. Mother Fiat is spending BILLIONS of Dollars bringing new work to the plant, the 2500 & 3500 series trucks being built in Satillio, Mexico until 2020 then move to a new part of the plant in Warren bringing many more jobs to the plant. New model Jeeps will be built there by then too.  More workers needed Here!  Not in China where GM spent all that bailout money Obama gave them. Guess maybe Mexico should have paid for the wall afterall.

Last GM car I bought started falling apart on the test drive almost 20 years ago. Car depreciated so much I would have been better off renting the thing from Avis!

I really like my new Ram. Getting about 16 mpg on local stop & go short trip driving. Not bad for a 400 hp HEMI. Turned over 900 miles yesterday,  about 6 months after I took delivery. I had WAY over 9000 miles on my F-250 when it was 6 months old, more like 12,000 miles. Far as cost per mile, that 22 yr old Ford was WAY cheaper to run than any other similar sized vehicle, averaged over 20 mpg one summer, over 3 months and 10,000 miles.  Son doesn't drive it every day, but this winter it will be his daily driver. His goal is to keep it on the road to 400,000 miles, which will probably take 22 more years!

Anyhow, I don't see any problems with what FCA is doing. No problem where the decisions are made, and no problem with the decisions at all!