MTO

No fuel at this fitting

3414 hoe for sale cheap because owner says no fuel at circled fitting BUT claims fuel at other fittings.

Any advice for me? I`m no diesel man for sure.

36852933_1960921243939542_7564875891587678208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=11e92798d491d926833ac3c9645ab9eb&oe=5BE85FC2

He said rest of pump had pressure, dunno.

Did he check at the pump or injector?  Does it run?

12 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

Did he check at the pump or injector?  Does it run?

Doesnt run. claims rest of pump has good pressure except the circled line.  

3 minutes ago, MTO said:

Doesnt run. claims rest of pump has good pressure except the circled line.  

Bet the pumping plungers are stuck. Worked on a MF with that style CAV/LUCAS/DELPHI pump that sat for about 15 years tractor wouldn't start and it seemed like there was some fuel coming out of the ports on the hydraulic head but it wasnt spraying. Carefully took the pump apart and found the pumping plungers weren't moving their full travel because of gummy crud so I put the head in some clean ATF and let it soak for a day or so then wiped everything clean reassembled and the tractor fired right up.

Thanks Bobby!

On 7/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, BOBSIH856 said:

Bet the pumping plungers are stuck. Worked on a MF with that style CAV/LUCAS/DELPHI pump that sat for about 15 years tractor wouldn't start and it seemed like there was some fuel coming out of the ports on the hydraulic head but it wasnt spraying. Carefully took the pump apart and found the pumping plungers weren't moving their full travel because of gummy crud so I put the head in some clean ATF and let it soak for a day or so then wiped everything clean reassembled and the tractor fired right up.

X2. I had to do the same to a 8.3 Cummins  power unit. Was a reman engine from cummins and came that way off the shelf. Must have been sitting for a while. I had to drive each plunger out with a brass punch

saw that but was not too keen on the BD154 ,..0 use without hoe....also hoe removed....cant test it good!   .wobbled out like they ALL are.

for a trailer queen /save....... go for it

for a weekender maybe,but case 530 is cheaper

weekly user case 580 is under budget

I just did one a few weeks ago and one last year , remove the fitting where the fuel goes in the rear of the pump and clean the screen . Becareful not to drop any spring or ball and the order it comes out . Brake Best Brake Cleaner will desolve that varnished fuel like you can't believe .

Danny 

If it sends fuel to one cylinder, it should send fuel to all cylinders, as the same pumping plungers are uses for all cylinders.

Each cylinder injects fuel only one time every other revolution of the engine. 

The Danny fix would help it if no fuel to any cylinder. 

If you need it, and it is cheap enough, buy it.

It will start if not parked for some other mechanical reason.