IHRunner

Almost Finished

30 minutes ago, B.B. said:

Seems like a lot of stainless rifle barrels will rust but stainless handguns I think you could leave laying on the beach exposed to salt water and they'd still look like new. 

What series SS do they use 400? One thing to keep in mind especially with 300 series stainless is if during the mfg process or any process where ferritic material come in contact with the SS it will stain the SS. Example if someone uses a wire wheel or steelwool to clean or shine up a spot it will leave trace amounts of iron on the SS and will leave a rust stain.

5 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

What series SS do they use 400? One thing to keep in mind especially with 300 series stainless is if during the mfg process or any process where ferritic material come in contact with the SS it will stain the SS. Example if someone uses a wire wheel or steelwool to clean or shine up a spot it will leave trace amounts of iron on the SS and will leave a rust stain.

I have no idea, I just know with rifles of several brands if you get them wet out hunting you had better clean them up and oil them when you get back in the house.  Handguns for some reason don't seem to be as rust prone? I've known of several stainless handguns to ride in old trucks and tractors for years and never rust.  

Just now, B.B. said:

I have no idea, I just know with rifles of several brands if you get them wet out hunting you had better clean them up and oil them when you get back in the house.  Handguns for some reason don't seem to be as rust prone? I've known of several stainless handguns to ride in old trucks and tractors for years and never rust.  

I wonder if the rifles are 400 series SS. 400 series will rust (a lot of SS exhaust is 400 series).

Mine is a 25 MN. It got stripped down and all the metal primed and painted black. The wood was scuffed and painted with Rustoleum texture paint. It has worn really well and is easy to fix blemishes 😊

Shooting til sunset with the wee plinker.

DSCN6311.JPG

DSCN6299.JPG

DSCN6275.JPG

We need you and Runner`s Angels on the wall...

not to kill necessarily, but the illegals won`t know that. 

• Haha 2

That might be a bad idea. They would get distracted by prarrie dogs

• Haha 1