NY1468

Unexpected helper

Was raking hay today with the 656, came to the end of the row and grabbed the hydraulic lever to lift the rake and felt something funny on the handle...

65B12211-E1A3-4176-A2DE-A2C53EA17365.thumb.jpeg.016e741665e7614ed8145144e9a0260e.jpeg3446742D-F3B3-493A-B9F9-CBE4A91A83A5.thumb.jpeg.6a84c0633b575945c0296191079ac9f5.jpeg

It stayed there for a few minutes and then apparently went back to its home....

bet that was a surprise

oh cute..... arrgh!

Yes, when I looked down I was surprised for sure. I’ve never seen a mouse on a open station tractor before. He seemed surprised also... He walked back down the lever a disappeared under the platform. I would imagine it was hot under there as it was in the 90’s today. 

He was probably trying to cool of by chewing on some wires.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

He was probably trying to cool of by chewing on some wires.

Probably 🙁

Lol, cant say I have ever seen that before

You had when you felt something on the lever. Cause I am a little jumpy as I almost stepped on a rattlesnake last Thursday. I was looking and had a shovel handy for just such things. I have since mowed the weeds at that gate. As I go thru it twice a day to pump water for cows I just put in that field.

That’s nothing ! You should see when a rat hops on your lap operating a skid steer 😱

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

That’s nothing ! You should see when a rat hops on your lap operating a skid steer 😱

I remember my dad stabbing his own leg with a fork to kill a rat that climbed up there.... This was fairly mundane compared to that. 

Did he ask if you needed , wanted to schedule a wiring chewing . 

2 hours ago, NY1468 said:

I remember my dad stabbing his own leg with a fork to kill a rat that climbed up there.... This was fairly mundane compared to that. 

My great grandfather had a rat run up one leg of his overalls and thankfully right back down the other, as the story goes from that time on he never entered a grain bin or silo without first tying twine around his ankles.

Speaking of rats---------

281336200_Scan_Pic0007-Copy.jpg.c18a67988d5e26a1a3d3dfa61f62cab3.jpg

Obviously, I found this a few years back---

Shooting rats in the slaughterhouse--------HMMMMM:o

Mike

They probably got added to the hamburger!!!  Yuck!

I had a mouse fall on to me while I was trying to pull the overhead door shut and I jumped a little while the others started to laugh at me cause they thought that it was funny 

On 7/10/2018 at 6:42 PM, Ihfan4life said:

About 15 years ago guy 10 miles from here got in his skid loader and there was a rattlesnake in the floor pan he ended up Kicking It To Death while sitting in the seat

• Confused 1

One time I was wearing coveralls and a mouse ran up my leg. My buddy about peed himself he laughed so hard as I tried to get it out.

1 hour ago, bitty said:

About 15 years ago guy 10 miles from here got in his skid loader and there was a rattlesnake in the floor pan he ended up Kicking It To Death while sitting in the seat

that gives me the willies just thinking about it!!!  I guess we are lucky on this side of the hill they don't come this far north

Thanks, I'll be having nightmares about that now. At first glance I thought it might have been a rat which only makes it worse. Now you see why I don't mind spending money on rat poison and keeping bait stations stocked year round on my farm. 

Do you mind if I block your posts for a while, at least until this one falls off the first page? This is TWICE now you've gotten me to click on this thread like an idiot, and TWICE you've managed to skeeve me out with that picture!

I'm thinking "Oh what's this? Probably a picture of a cute baby or some... GAH!!!!"

If ever there was a need for a "dislike" option on this forum...

You'd think I'd remember from yesterday... If it gets me again tomorrow I may have to quit the forum.

2 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

. If it gets me again tomorrow I may have to quit the forum.

Bye.

best, randy

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bitty said:

No mice in that one. But. Ugh.

13 hours ago, gordon76 said:

that gives me the willies just thinking about it!!!  I guess we are lucky on this side of the hill they don't come this far north

This happened over in Navoo,  Jeff Favor(sp) believe he's originally from Iowa got transplanted here when he married his wife

39 minutes ago, bitty said:

This happened over in Navoo,  Jeff Favor(sp) believe he's originally from Iowa got transplanted here when he married his wife

use to spend a lot of time in Navoo I'm from there originally 

47 minutes ago, gordon76 said:

use to spend a lot of time in Navoo I'm from there originally 

He is married to LaRue Hydes daughter

I thought you were from over that way originally or at least related to over that way