1586 small 1000 pto to large 1000 pto adapter

hanniedog

From your tractor you want to go from small thousand on the tractor and adapt it up to Big thousand on your implement ? I asked my local Case IH dealer parts guy and he got me one. I think a lot of them are made in China . We've never used ours yet but I wanted it here in case I needed to run one of our big implements off of a smaller tractor in a pinch

The good adapters are not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Do you need the small, 21 spline shaft at all?

I seem to remember someone swapping out the 1 3/8” 21 spline in an 86 series for a large, 20 spline, 1 3/4” shaft from a Magnum.

I do not remember if it was just a direct swap of the shafts, or if they had to replace the PTO housing.....

If you do go the adapter route- get a good one and CHECK IT FREQUENTLY- they will loosen up on you.

Also, what ever you hook up to it check your pto shaft length- if it’s too long it will not retract far enough and bottom out causing your existing shaft to break off!

Be careful what ever your doing with it as the extension changes the geometry of your pto when you’re turning with the pto on, all things to consider 

16 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

If you do go the adapter route- get a good one and CHECK IT FREQUENTLY- they will loosen up on you.

Also, what ever you hook up to it check your pto shaft length- if it’s too long it will not retract far enough and bottom out causing your existing shaft to break off!

Be careful what ever your doing with it as the extension changes the geometry of your pto when you’re turning with the pto on, all things to consider 

All good points

We have used mainly in stationary applications and they still come loose

Archived