kitz

120 sickle mower

Hi  I have a 120 sickle mower  it has a plate with notches in it  that supports the back of the knives   mine is broke  would anyone know where I can get a replacement ive looked at a lot of sites but cant seem to find it  thanks

Are you talking about "wear plates"? Either full length one piece or individual that bolt on at each guard. Should be able to get them at implement dealer or farm store.

5 minutes ago, mmi said:

if not at "good" dealer.....try.rowse...

Second set of mowers I owned were Rowse double nines with IH balanced heads. Mowin' son of a guns and the company is first rate. If I remember right, they told me to lube the pins with piston plate instead of grease.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Are you talking about "wear plates"? Either full length one piece or individual that bolt on at each guard. Should be able to get them at implement dealer or farm store.

yes full length wear plates cant seem to find one

I'll check around locally come Monday, still a few bar mowers in use around here. Do you have 7 or 9 foot bar. The short individual ones may be cheaper as they never wear evenly so you can just replace a few short ones instead of the long one each time.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I restored mine

but I believe there are two companies in Nebraska that have full line of balance head mower parts & service.

one is Rowse and don't remember other

tony

• Like 1

# 20 in the diagram, still available Case IH 

179759C1  $4.55

image.thumb.png.8ff2d275f47c6f9ae8d495bf263cc0c2.png

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, gordon76 said:

the piece I need is not in the pic below for some reason   the piece I need is 7 foot long  it lays on the thick steel bar # 23  then the knifes rear edge lays on this plate   ill try and get pics tomorrow     # 20 in the diagram, still available Case IH 

179759C1  $4.55

image.thumb.png.8ff2d275f47c6f9ae8d495bf263cc0c2.png

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, sandhiller said:

I'll check around locally come Monday, still a few bar mowers in use around here. Do you have 7 or 9 foot bar. The short individual ones may be cheaper as they never wear evenly so you can just replace a few short ones instead of the long one each time.

it is a 7 foot mower the plate I need is as long as the knife 

sounds like a wear plate for the bar....?   have several in the warehouse and dont recall ANY long bars in the knife bundles

....? will have to look in a week or so...?

MC468  obsolete part replaced by  179759C1 get rid of the one piece replace it with 6 or 7 short wear plates 1 under each hold down on a 7' bar around $30.00 vs who knows how much for a one piece if you can find one

• Like 1

Local ih dealer can't get one piece any more said maybe aftermarket. Individual are 4 something a piece and double guard with a wear plate cast in are about $13 each

here is a pic of what I have but it sounds like I 

21 hours ago, gordon76 said:

MC468  obsolete part replaced by  179759C1 get rid of the one piece replace it with 6 or 7 short wear plates 1 under each hold down on a 7' bar around $30.00 vs who knows how much for a one piece if you can find one

this is what I have if you can see it ok but I guess I will get the individual pcs  thanks

IMG_0325.JPG

Thanks for the replies

Check out cuttingcomponents.com, formerly Webb's Sickle Service. Short wear plates @ $2.74 each.

I'd imagine the long single wear plate is obsolete because you have to take the entire cutterbar apart to replace it and that's a tedious pain in the rear...

• Thanks 1

Webb’s sickle service is great,  they call ed me back and sent parts, great place to deal with